Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About the reporting section and stolen contributions..    

About the reporting section and stolen contributions..

Samantha.esl
Italy

About the reporting section and stolen contributions..

Hi,
I was reading this post and I feel sad some people replied as if it was nothing to do with the site, like it was HER problem and no-one else.. Isn �t this a community?

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=12685

I �m sorry some people didn �t reply really in a helpful way. I completely understand this member because I see she really tries to help and defend the purpose of the site and also authors of great contributions which keep being uploaded..etc..

In my opinion, it wasn �t wrong that this moderator posted such message because in fact, I wouldn �t either want to exchange messages privately with someone who steals, and behaves in such a werid way.  I don �t think we could have a serious conversation with someone who does not respect, abuse the site and has such behaviour..(revenge).

I don �t know if sending a message to Victor could solve the problem, these people keep abusing the site. It is unacceptable that these people treat moderators badly because their stolen works have been found and reported.

I just had a look at this person �s (nounaya )contributions (http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=299591#thetop) and have you seen that one worksheet is called: Khaled school or something? (It could be that member).. I also checked the site which appears under his/her (I doubt it �s a woman).. and it �s in portuguese.. and it �s about mathematics.. I believe this person has made this on purpose.. Probably, that is not his /her website..either.. It �s just to confuse people. And abuse the site, ESLprintables.

I reported many worksheets the other day, because I really wanted to help and defend the website.. But some members do not care about it.. So they don �t care if people who upload stolen wks or stolen things from the web, get points and download their material.
This is what happens when no-one agrees with anyone.. we get loads of weirdos abusing the site. Some moderators support and vote for stolen worksheets to stay, and refer to the people who SPEND their time trying to help and searching for the web site or printable from where the stolen contribution comes, with comments of this type.

Well done zambia! we�re all so proud of you!! and just think, tomorrows another day, you and your little friends can find excuses to remove even more peoples worksheets, such an inspiration!

Edit: Anyway, I know I will be ignored again.... If I was a different member, then I would be listened to but as I´m just fairly new, not in the club, no-one would agree with me...

10 Oct 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Samantha
I �m not sure I agree with you.
I think there were many good replies to that message.
We �re all different and react in different ways.

I wrote that this was a group problem even though it was
written as a personal problem.

Regarding the stolen/falsely reported WS and the impolite comments to the moderators -
I am sure that it is a handful of people who enjoy getting people upset.
As I wrote - it �s best to ignore then.

Read the comments through again and you �ll see that there are many fine
replies.  It �s sad that you decided to start a debate on how people reply here on a Saturday night. We really need some good vibes here.

10 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

L, sorry you have a wrong idea of me. I �m not trying to start an argument or a fight among members... I think this is worth reading and worth considering.
I agree with you, probably these abusive members enjoy seeing us worry and trying to fight against their horrible, and not teacher like behaviour. But I think, we should all agree and work together to help keep the site clean. I �ve been reporting and really it is a hard job, it is hard to find the links.
And It �s unfair some members like to support those abusive members instead of trying to support the moderators who are not doing any harm, on the contrary!. Trying to defend the purpose of the site and wonderful authors.

10 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Sam,
thanks for your support.  Most of the replies were nice and supporting and for the not very nice - I don �t care any more.For me the discussion has ended.
I sent you a PM.

Take care, Michaela

10 Oct 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

The best thing is to ignore people who try to release their frustration making others feel bad... and, please, do not pay attention to those telling you  what  to do or not to, either. I have seen how some people keep telling others "you should/should not..." while they do freely and without bothering about others every time they can. Too many Victors here, I am afraid... Confused
Being him the owner, he says nothing...LOL

Although some people think we are all equal, but some more equal than others... Wink...keep doing what you judge better and correct.Thumbs Up

10 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Well, then.. the only thing I conclude from all this is:

Why bother? what for? Why would some great member really "put on the ESLprintable �s shirt" and defend it when .. there are so many two faced people.
Why get so involved and contribute for others to steal and take and take. Sometimes, not even saying thanks.
Why fight agains this abussive members?

Not worth then..

10 Oct 2009     

Portugal

This thread caught my attention, I realized there is a site associated with a member �s account belonging to the Portuguese Association of Maths Teachers, which is a very respected - and respectful - institution.
I gather that Samantha doesn �t appreciate much of researchers; however, since I have many friends and co-workers, who are members of that Association, and in respect to Victor, to this site, that I truly appreciate and members who responded this thread, I will report the situation to APM to try find out some kind of explanation, or, at least to provide some from this Association. Meanwhile, according to the name of the School provided in the mentioned worksheets, I hypothise, if I may,  that using a link to the APM�s site  could be a diversion.

My best regards.
Idalina Jorge

10 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

@samantha

bringing every topic up to the forum is a clever way of taking over and indirectly advertizing. I don �t have to face those that much long posts and read or get busy with them especially if it is a private matter.

Please stop occupying the main page with your feelings of sympathy to others.

thanks

10 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi there

I only want to say something:

I really appreciate the hard work you both (Samantha and Zambia) do... you report lots of contributions everyday. Becasue of members like you the site stays clean...

I appreciate that and I am sure Victor also appreciates it... not lots of members report worksheets, actually I do not do it very often, because of my lack of interest.

@mr.... I agree with you... personal threads have to be out of the forum, I�m glad you know that because in the past you didn�t...

10 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

Yes you are right But I have learnt the site �s concensus.

10 Oct 2009     

Portugal

mr.dgdln,

I must pay my respects to you on this one. You really made a point here.
And so I do:

(bow)

But the member who started this thread made a point too: the link to a Portuguese site, which is bothering me. However, I didn �t find any Khaled Khodja Omar School in Algeria, so I �m trying to find out with the help of other members, if there is one in Algeria, because the name of the school on the ws could also be misleading. We must investigate (Oh!oh! trouble!LOL investigators seem to be the 21st Century witches!...) the IP address.
My best regards.
Idalina Jorge
Edit 1: I don�t intend - and I won�t respond to Samantha. I responded the thread for the reasons I mentioned, but in real disgust.

10 Oct 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >