Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please, help me! Someone has uploaded my worksheets on 4shared.com    

Please, help me! Someone has uploaded my worksheets on 4shared.com

cheezels
New Zealand

Hej! I am really sorry to hear this news this morning! I can see by using your name as a search name everything that has been uploaded by this user..Let �s hope that they are deleted as soon as possible!

12 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Yesterday Manonski sent me a private message to tell me that she had seen some of my worksheets on Christmas stolen by another member. Here is the answer I got from �that � member (Australian by the way; email address: [email protected]; username on 4shared: howzat):

"which file are you referring to? - if you don �t want to share it - don �t put it on 4 shared! "

Seriously, what kind of answer is that??? I think some people should buy a dictionary and look up the definitions of �share � and �steal �.

It was too late for me yesterday to report all my stolen worksheets. I �ll try to do it today if I can but I am extremely busy!

Thank you so much for your support! It is extremely comforting!

Frenchfrog

12 Nov 2009     

ALEXOUILLE
France

I feel very sorry for you. I love your work and I find it disgusting that people dare to do such things. I really hope you �ll find a solution.
Alex.

12 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

Dear Frenchie,

I just saw your post and can �t believe that these people call themselves teachers.  They have absolutely no code of ethics.

I hope things work out for you - everyone loves and appreciates you here.
Barbara

12 Nov 2009     

rhama1
Australia

Hi

I looked at the site and joined as a free member.  By doing this i was able to add my own comments.  Maybe other ESL members can do the same thing - strength in numbers and all that.

I empathise with your hurt and frustration and hope this person apologises and deletes the worksheets

12 Nov 2009     

allakoalla
Latvia

Dear frenchfrog!
I just wanted to tell you that I understand how you feel.
Unfortunately, when a person decides to share his or her work, he or she relies upon reasonable behavior of those who are allowed to use the material. As we often see not all people respect authors.
I am with you, don �t be too upset. You know when some of my students object: "He is a copy cat!" He repeated after me I usually say that if you did something bad or dull, then nobody would be even interested in it.
Of course your work is very professional and unusual and that is why people are attracted by it, unfortunately not all of them are good ones.

12 Nov 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Everyone should be aware that frenchfrog �s work is just the tip of the iceberg here. While it is deplorable that the inestimable frog �s work has been stolen & presented without permission... I expect that there are quite a few members (current & past) who have had there work appropriated by lua.
It �s actually a lot more serious than having just 1 member �s work stolen!

I �m with rhama1 here. We should all join www.4shared.com and comment the uploads as well as reporting this individual.

lua has
595 files uploaded to this site & I expect that none of the work is their own. I know there are several other members � work uploaded too.

Hang �em high!
AB

12 Nov 2009     

irynka1
Ukraine

Dear Frenchfrog! 
I �m so sorry for what happened to you. I know you feel betrayed and sore. Lua 395 shouldn �t have uploaded your work - it was wrong, at least not without your consent. But I think we shouldn �t be too hard on Lua. I prefer to believe in good in people, maybe she meant no harm. She did note in every file that you are the author. I think we should ask her why she did what she did and ask her not to do it anymore. 

And also you should feel happiness that so many people support you and admire your work. Together we can sort this out!
Be strong! Hugs from Ukraine!

12 Nov 2009     

Katiana
Spain

Dear Laurence,

I�m very sorry about what has happened to you. Nobody has the right to publish other people�s work without their permission, even if they mention the original author. I understand how you must feel but please try to cheer up. You know you can count on us  for anything you need. I�m going to pm this member and ask her to delete all your work from this blog. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know. I�d really like to help you.

A big hug.

Katiana

12 Nov 2009     

joebcn
Andorra

Dear Frenchfrog,
I �m really sorry about this and I feel bad because there is not much we can do but report the thief and wait. I mean, if there is something I can do, please tell me. I really appreciate your work and it is unfair that some people take advantage of our good intentions...Cry
Cheer up
Joe

12 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >