Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Let us be a bit more dignified!    

Let us be a bit more dignified!

Mariethe House
France

Let us be a bit more dignified!

Answering like that on a forum of people who are supposed to be educated and

educators does not make me laugh! Sorry!

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=15847

20 Jan 2010      

jecika
Serbia

agree with you Mariethe  Thumbs Up I don �t find it funny either Stern Smile

20 Jan 2010     

maufon
Costa Rica

What a shame!!

I have seen certain things from certain people here that really make me think about who is in charge of the education of our children!!
Some times keep arguments that nobody else care here. Please use your pm.

For some reason, there are a few people willing to offend, make fun of others and believe they are superior and like to show up!!

but, I have also found nice and educated people, willing to share and help

I still believe in good people and good intentions, and I know this site is conformed by the majority of them.   

20 Jan 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Yes, pity since the member that posted that had 46,000 downloads and should be a better example here.

I admit I get carried away often too so ...

Cheers maufon & Mariethe House for bringing me back to earth.

20 Jan 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

She is a respected and well liked member, who was probably having an off day. I guess many moderators feel somewhat cynical from time to time, because of all the thievery. 

Now that members who steal worksheets are going to lose their accounts automatically, then we can expect more complaints about lost accounts.

Regards,
David 

20 Jan 2010     

Zora
Canada

I was a bit shocked when I saw that too. Especially since the person who asked the question did it in a polite way.

It shouldn �t matter how many times, we are asked these questions by the new members, we are here to help. Do we tell our students off when they ask the same question over and over again? Well, I know that I don �t - I may feel like it at times -but I hold my tongue and re-explain for the hundred thousandth time if necessary.

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

I think everybody has similar reaction. The picture is quite ridiculous and out of the expected parameter of descency in thoughts.

20 Jan 2010     

eng789
Israel

I agree - a bit more tactful.  The forum is open for all to see.  

20 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

It�s nice the user asked in a polite way. What is not nice is the reason his/her account was cancelled. I admire the courage of someone whose account was cancelled because of stealing and copying from other websites and members. What has he/she done? Created new acount and dared to ask why was the old account cancelled even thought he/she had to be awared of the rules.
Why aren�t you shocked by this? I guess Zailda was just tired and fed up with such cheekness. She belongs among the most busy moderators and see loads of stolen wss every day. I am not much surprised by her answer. I was about to answer myself but decided not too because it wouldn�t be very nice too. A thief doesn�t deserve a polite answer, sorry.Zailda at least answered - not like most of us. The thread was there long time with no answer at all.

Regards, Michaela

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

I would always ponder that a wrong deed couldn �t be corrected by the same doing. We are all teachers who are expected to inculcate the true values and in so doing, we are expected to show it in any circumstances.

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

Dear Misa,

I think being a moderator in this site with thousands of members has a great role to play and definitely, he or she must exemplify strictness with sense of responsibility and discipline.
We belong from diversified background and yet, we have one thing in common. We are all teachers.

20 Jan 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    Next >