Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Rocking the Boat    

Rocking the Boat

cecio_13
Argentina

Mariethe:  Clap

21 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

There is something wrong going on... I am quite new here. I did all my worksheets myself and suddenly I caught myself thinking - what if somebody had a similar idea? What if someone will report me... I come from the country where we have suffered from cenzorsip,  limited human rights and other forms of unjust treatment... I lost my naive adoration for this website... We join because we want to. We share our work. We try to support each other ... If somebody is a cheater do not download their worksheets but using words like "thief", "hate", "revange"... For God sake what are you taking about???? 

22 Jan 2010     

Zora
Canada

I totally understand what you are referring to Dusia. Sometimes things are taken to extremes and all semblance of "politeness or dignity" are gone. I have often thought the same thing about my new worksheets too. There is always a "what if..." at the back of my mind. What if the idea was already used somewhere? What if the questions of a reading activity coincide, by chance, with someone else �s out there on the Net? ... there are so many "what ifs" lately... that I really think twice about contributing now. I used to put up stuff I used in class but now, I am more hesitant to do so. 

22 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

Even though you are innocent you start to have doubts... Still it is the most useful and interesting website for teacher I have seen... Let �s just have it over! Cheer up and keep up the good job! Which reminds me that I do not create any new worksheets any more , instead I got addicted to this forum... I must look for some cure... Wink

22 Jan 2010     

Zora
Canada

I hate to tell you this but I �m afraid that there is no cure! LOL Welcome to the club! 

22 Jan 2010     

DUSIA
Poland

Thumbs Up

24 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6