Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading the answer key in a different document    

Uploading the answer key in a different document

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

@Philip... it �d be another rule to be broken!
I don �t make keys myself! Embarrassed

25 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hihi, that would be great to have a key to all worksheets... but this is just a dream, Bruna...

I think it is too much to ask the members to upload a colour and outlined BW and the key  in one file every time they contribute...
Even though it would be really handy to have all these things in one file :-D

Guess what! Some members upload such great thorough worksheets for many months! or they group all the components so we can easily white out all the fancy colours before printing...
and the plain key included? How convenient...

25 Nov 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

well  then i guess i wouldn �t be sharing my work, since i dont have time to make keys, besides i think if you are a teacher you should be able to answer the exercise , but in any case you can always pm the author to help you if you get stuck with an exercise.

25 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

@liz: Well not everyone �s English is as good as yours. If you sometimes see the mistakes made here... �A teacher should know �, right, they should, but in reality teachers, esp. local teachers who struggle but try to do a good job,  simply don�t know - or aren �t sure.

If our aim is to help both Ss and Ts worldwide improve their English, including an answer key is not a big deal. How would you feel if you got a grammar workbook or teacher�s guide without key...? Many wouldn �t buy them, so by not including a key you could be limiting downloads of your wss. 

I �m probably just being idealistic, but also aware that there are countless teachers out there who aren�t even sure when to use articles or the present continuous. Are we going to snub them with an arrogant �you should know�?

25 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I agree, Victor, especially with this part: �we shouldn�t report worksheets for a rule which doesn�t exist�.

Thanks!

25 Nov 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

@philipr, first i didnt say "you should know" i said "you should be able" , secondly you are right.. if you are going to buy a grammar book it should include the key but since we are not buying here just SHARING, then it would probably be a not so good idea putting a rule to force making a key, as you said if the member so desperetly needs the ws to be downloaded then let the member decide to include a key or not. teachers are commonly busy people and one of the things why teachers come here is precisely to make their job a little easier. thirdly i also gave as an option to contact the ws author. and finally, although i respect your opinion, i need to say that i made a mistake when saying " you shoud be able" because if you are going to teach you have to know and i am not saying that we are going to snub the teachers with an arrogant you have to know cuse that it is why we are here for, share and help but if the teacher struggles with his/her english then wow! i cant even imagine how would that be in a classroom.

25 Nov 2010     

Gomezguillermina
Argentina

Hi Victor! I totally agree with you!! i �m a new member and i havent uploaded many worksheets yet, from now on i �ll try to include the keys!!

25 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

When I registered here I understood the site is to share the resources one prepares for his students. If you prepared it, I don�t see the need to add keys.

Keys are added as a treat, they are not an obligation.

25 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

@Liz: Well, I guess you �ve never been to Asia (or Africa) then. Many local teachers (from around the world) need all the help they can get. I hate to break the news, but the world is not a perfect place. 

I�ll just keep adding my own keys, as a courtesy. Just remember that not every teacher around the world will be able to get even the most basic exercises right (just have a look at some of the questions for help on the forum).

25 Nov 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

@philipr great! i am up to give them as a courtesy when i can ,this year  i am teaching kindergarten so right now i  can �t imagine a rule forcing me to make a key for tracing a letter with a few vocabulary. by the way i have been to asia. and still differ from you, if a teacher need helps with his/her english that�s what colleges are for... though i am not saying i wouldn�t help just that once you step into a classroom you have to be sure what you�re doing or at least be willing to teach yourself and look up for the way to improve otherwise.... poor kids.

25 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >