Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading the answer key in a different document    

Uploading the answer key in a different document

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear friends,
Don �t get angry. The key is just an extra treat and nobody is obliged to write it...

If the downloader is not sure, s/he can PM the author and ask for the key...
Thumbs Up I know that most uploaders are better teachers than me, so I wouldn �t feel bad to ask for help...

25 Nov 2010     

Sara26
Brazil

Fair enough, Victor!  Thumbs Up
Moravc: you are such a sweet person! Wink
In my humble opinion, the answer key is highly appreciated not only because it saves lots of our time, but also because we sometimes have doubts, no matter how good your English is. There are lots of threads on the forum related to this. Just a few ones: 

Have you all a blessed day / night!

25 Nov 2010     

CEYITA
Peru

Thumbs Up

I agree with you victor... 100%

25 Nov 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

Great idea, Victor.
Thank you for a wonderful site.

As to making a rule that we must make an answer key, I totally disagree.  I agree with Lis that  if we are English teachers, we should be able to answer most of the questions on the worksheets.  To qualify that I would like to add that crosswords, wordsearches and cloze should have answer keys.

Thumbs Up

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

25 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

To Judy Halevi

I personally share worksheets here because I respect the fact that teachers are busy and overworked.

We �re here to help each other. There is no doubt that teachers here are able to answer the questions on worksheets - but it saves time if the key is included and that is a blessing to busy teachers.

25 Nov 2010     

eng789
Israel

I second libertybelle.  Great idea to include answers. 

Just one suggestion - if you find a mistake on a ws/or answer page (or other possible answers) - send a PM to the person who uploaded it - so he/she can correct it asap.  This will save us all time correcting the same ws individually.

25 Nov 2010     

montseteacher
Spain

I completely agree with you Victor! Thanks and have a nice day! Hugs!

25 Nov 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I �m for it. The key can help save some time and if there is a tricky question or an activity which requires some time to get done, the key will definitely help the teacher...I also agree with Judy about wordsearches - sometimes they �re so complicated (which is not bad at all) but it may happen no one can find a couple of hidden words and it �s a little frustrating.

But anyway, thank you all for all the worksheets you create.

Victor, thank you :)

Have a good day dear colleagues!

PS Happy Thanksgiving to all American members of this site.

25 Nov 2010     

joebcn
Andorra

I agree with you,  Victor Thumbs Up

Answer keys are great and timesaving but I don �t think they must be made compulsory as some tasks may be open and have various options.
However they are preciously welcome when it deals with specific vocabulary.

25 Nov 2010     

Zora
Canada

I agree with Victor. Although, like Bruna, very few of my worksheets have keys and quite often I am reluctant to put the key with the worksheet for the simple fact that there could be more than one answer to many of the grammar questions.And quite simply, I would hate for a student to be told "that that is wrong" because I did not think of that particular option when I was making the key and the teacher believed that the answers in the key, were the only answers possible.

Anyways, as long as we are not forced to add a key to our worksheets, I am fine with the new rule.

25 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >