Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading the answer key in a different document    

Uploading the answer key in a different document

coyote.chus
Spain

For me, it �s a good idea to add the key to a ws. Sometimes it avoids us a lot of work before the class, and sometimes it is really necessary. But it shouldn �t be compulsory, in my opinion. 

25 Nov 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

What would you think if you bought a textbook and there are no answers. Wouldn �t we all be annoyed?
Personally, even though I am a native speaker, I like to refer to answer keys. It helps me to understand what the author was thinking.
The higher the student the more diificult the answer key, so please put them in.

On another point, I �ve just come back from hospital with an allergic reaction to a common pill (Maxalon) for nausea so becareful what doctors prescribe.

25 Nov 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I am glad to see that some people ARE able to look at the matter from various perspectives.....

Take what you like and leave what you don �t. Wouldn �t that solve the problem? ....All these answers sure take up less space on the server than a few answer keys uploaded separately...... Wacko

25 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Out of topic - Hope you �re doing well now, joy2bill!

25 Nov 2010     

Enid Stella
South Africa

I definitely agree! It would be really nice if everybody did provide answer keys. I often use our worksheets as homework tasks and it can be quite laborious to have to create the keys oneself.

25 Nov 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

@liberty:  I agree that all of us teachers are busy people, and I do think that answer keys should be provided, (though I don �t on most of my worksheets, as they are for beginners, mostly and if an English teacher cannot solve those, she/he really shouldn �t be teaching English.), and I appreciate people who do put the answer key, but really shouldn �t we strive to having English teachers who are able to solve worksheets without resorting to answer keys.

HugHugs from Israel
Judy

25 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I am baffled by some reactions concerning answer keys, in particular for not providing them. This should actually be a no-brainer. They aren �t difficult to make. They don �t take long to make. As Libertybelle pointed out, they are extremely convenient for everyone (even experienced teachers).

As for striving to make every teacher really good so they can find the answers on their own, I think that �s a policy decision to be made by individual countries. If they do a lousy job, at least we can help all other teachers by showing them the right way (BTW, what would a teacher who isn �t sure about an answer do? PM the author of the ws? Get real.)

PS: Some worksheets wouldn �t need an answer key of course (although I usually provide a basic one now even with conversation worksheets). Goodnight.

25 Nov 2010     

eaglestar
Philippines

Very sensible and logical. 100% agree with you, victor. btw, thanks to you -- this site came into existence.

25 Nov 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Dear Victor,

I like, agree, and would love to see the plan go into action..........however!
when you go to change the rules perhaps you would consider looking at all the rules and edit more of the things that have coursed upset and disappointment, because many new and older members get confused with what they can and what they can �t do.

I wouldn �t want to see members being new, old, or moderators having their membership cancelled because of silly mistakes not deliberate copying.
Therefore, my big question � �PLEASE RETHINK THE RULES TOTALY SO WE ALL KNOW WHERE WE STAND WITH THEM, WITH ABSOLUTELY 100% NO CONFUSIONS � �

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW Wink.

25 Nov 2010     

Fabiola R
Argentina

Hi.. I totally agree.. =)

25 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >