Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading Limit    

Uploading Limit

frenchfrog
France

Like Spring, why not the same number for everybody? Why should an �older � member be allowed to upload more than a new member?
By the way, I have just sent you a private message...

27 Feb 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Is there a general feeling that younger members (those that are new to the site) produce lower quality worksheets and don �t know all our rules?  Just wondering.   Does allowing them less contributions per day give them more time to understand our site and develop better contributions or does it make it harder for them to gain the valuable points they need?

I will agree to whatever Victor says, but I thought I would pose those questions to the group.

27 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

I �m with Pinky.   

Do you really think it is fair that someone who needs points

can only upload 1 ws and someone who doesn �t need any,  

because they have tons, can upload an unlimited number? 

I think frenchfrog was on to something.  Equal amounts for all sounds fair to me.

Sorry, just my opinion.

27 Feb 2009     

domnitza
Romania

Count me in, too. There are too many uploads by the same user, when he/she could just include all of them in just one ws. I do not always have the time to check all the new contributions (like somebody has already said before me, I choose the most attractive; but when I need a certain ws I go to the Vocabulary/ Grammar section, so old contributions are not forgotten).

On the other hand, I am against allowing new members to upload just 1 ws and 2 power points; why should old memebers upload more than 5 ws a day? Please, do NOT get me wrong, but it is tiring when seeing a name more than 4 times a day. Embarrassed Of course, old members have more experience and they produce better ws, so these ws will be more downloaded. What about new members?

Waiting to see more replies.

ps: I am glad that Victor decided to do something about this.

27 Feb 2009     

victor
Spain

Well, I suggest to allow more uploads to the users with more points assuming that if you have lots of points, you don �t need tricky means to get more points. (I think that the problem is that some users have divided their worksheets in parts intentionally to get more points. I think that, in general, users with lots of points only divide their contributions in parts when they are not able to compress them under 300 kb)

27 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Why not 1-2-3 for both printables and powerpoints? Could be a compromise...

27 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

How about 1 upload per person per day?  

Limit the amount of pages per upload and and say that people aren �t allowed to spit their wss into multiple uploads.

27 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Worksheets limit

Powerpoints limit

0-100

100 - 1000

+ 1000

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

27 Feb 2009     

victor
Spain

Well, I think that there is no problem in splitting worksheets if they are over 300 kb.
The problem is that some users divide their contributions in parts when they could be all in one document without excessing 300 kb
Anyway, if you think that a limit of 2 daily contributions for everybody would be fair, maybe you are right. That was the original idea. Maybe I have complicated it too much.Wacko

27 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I think the general idea is that we can cut down on people loading worksheets separately when really those worksheets can be combined and also prevent upload of stolen worksheets.Limiting new users to fewer uploads will also help new users to spend time and produce better worksheets.Setting a limit on worksheets for those with lots of points should lead to a better distribution of available worksheets.

27 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >