Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading Limit    

Uploading Limit

gabitza
Romania

I totally agree there must be a limit.

I think �equal amounts for all � sound fair and 1-2/day sounds good to me.  

27 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Why not give a try to your first idea? If it works, great! If some improvements have to be made, well YOU (LOL) will make them, we are sure!

27 Feb 2009     

spring
Turkey

This is perfect with me. -Frenchfrog�s idea-
Believe me,I am not using "show all" part anymore.
I just look most downloaded worksheets of the day-usually first 5 pages- and ignore others.
It is becoming really difficult to go over all pages.
Limitation of three will solve the problem I think.It seems to work for a while at least.

27 Feb 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

I agree with Victor.We need good quality,original Wss.This is also a good way to motivate members and to trigger their imagination and creativity.

Sorry to tell you that 70% of new members upload anything because,for them,the end justifies the means.

We�ll learn how to put all our energy in one work

Thanks Victor and nice weekend to all members

27 Feb 2009     

domnitza
Romania

I personally think that at a certain point points are like money. Strange, but .... the more you have the more you want. So let �s not assume that "rich" members are more honest than the "poor" ones.
When mentioning the number of uploads daily I also think about those members who have let �s say 4 - 5 different ws. They could not be put in just one ws, since they have a different subject. So it is not just about dividing a ws when it exceeds 300 kb. ( I actually admire these members for having the time to work - work - work - work ........ )

On the other hand, just 1 ws for a new member? I think it is not enough.
And do you think that somebody will ever listen to my/our/your saying : "You are not allowed to divide a ws unless...." come on!

If we are trying to establish a limit here, let �s take into account the fact that we are all teachers, so we are all equals: if one gets 1 ws, why should the other get 3? I was once a new member (Victor, I still have my first ESL message, letting me know that my first ws was approved!) and I have been learning ever since.

27 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Well, I agree with Spring in fact (see my first reply!). Same number for everyone!

27 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

What I meant by multiple uploads was - when people say the next page is coming/ or the answer page is coming etc.  not because the ws was to heavy to upload but  the person wanted to get another point.  
Sorry I wasn �t clear.

27 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Wow! very touching! I should have done that too! I envy you for keeping such a treasure!!!

27 Feb 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

I think that a limit of 2 daily contributions for everybody is fair for new and old members and you can decide if you want to upload ws, powerpoints or online exercises.
=)

27 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

2 for all sounds good to me.

27 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >