Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading Limit    

Uploading Limit

aftab57
United Kingdom

Yes frenchfrog that is what I meant but this is not the most important aspect of the discussion going on here. Does someone need to summarise the discussion:

2 worksheets and 1 powerpoint= 3 upload a day - period!

27 Feb 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

Now it is a good topic....very useful maybe the most important one ever posted here......I suggest 4 uploads a day for NEW AND OLD MEMBERS (THE SAME FOR BOTH) = 2 worksheets (500KB) and 2 powerpoints with (1MB) and no more..if we will change the rules at least the SIZE of the files should be considered too..so we can plan a better layout and we will avoid to divide the files..in 2, or 10 parts.. just because the points...

another idea is: if it is possible the system could be implemented to search all files with less than (300BK) that are being uploaded in 3 or 10 parts..(normally users repeat the name of the file and indicate part1, part2, part3 part4 etc...).just because the points and when the system find them an alert could be sent to the sender for him/her "pay attention" or that divided files could be REMOVED and the account BANNED of the group...this alert could be good to the sender put all 10 parts in just one file...just an idea..

..by the way the FIRST Victor�s idea have sounded very good too.. and should be implemented and later we could give our impressions if it was good or not..and changes could be done.....as a good starting to prevent and finish such abuse some members are doing here..we are here to share WS with interesting topics.. and interesting ways to apply those ws with our students... new ideas about all the subjects..are always welcome.......  thanks for this TOPIC...

27 Feb 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I think 2 a day for everyone is plenty - if a member uploads a quality worksheet then it will (hopefully) be downloaded more, thus earning more points, than  a poor quality worksheet prepared in a hurry or even copied from somewhere else.  Therefore the daily limit encourages quality rather than quantity.

Also Victor, is it possible to include powerpoint as a search field under type? 

27 Feb 2009     

sirah
Argentina

I think that 2 worksheets and 1 powerpoint per member is more than enough.The problem is that some members do not make powepoint presentations,they just make a ws in ppt.
Patricia

27 Feb 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, All

I think a max of 3 Upload a day for everybody is fair enough.
As Zora said the Nbr of uploads has increased so much (because of those split WS and re-uploaded ones) that it became so tiring to scroll of them and then certainly miss many of the valuable ones.

When I have time to have a look to what �s new out there or when I need some WS I just make a "Ctrl+F" and try some key words to hopefully find something interesting.
I also look for WS by contributor (I have a small list of favs <old and new>) and this way I miss alot toooo.

I AGREE with the limit as Frenchfrog suggested.

Best Regards.

27 Feb 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I think Victor was really wise at deciding the amount of worksheets to be uploaded per member.

I completely agree.

27 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

But, but, but... 3 whole uploads a day doesn �t eliminate the fact that people STILL upload the same project as 3 separate pages instead of one whole project.
One upload can still be 4 pages long!
What is wrong with one good upload a day?  What �s the hurry?
Better one great Worksheet, than 3 lousy!
It would be so much easier to scroll through the new printables!
L

27 Feb 2009     

romanaesl
Slovenia

Hi!
I also agree with you that max of 3 (2 worksheets, 1 ppt) a day is enough.
It is hard to surf through all the worksheets no matter how addicted to the site you are.
So, let �s try!

Best regards.
Romana

27 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Ok, what is the objective of trying to limit the no. of worksheets? For me  the priority has to be to prevent �stolen � worksheets from being uploaded. Reflecting on this the only possible way of doing this is to limit the number to 1. Reading other posts the second priority (in many cases first priority) is the time element. People have tp spend a lot of time to find what they are looking for. This again could only really become manageable if only 1 upload is allowed. so.......

27 Feb 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Hi everybody,

Thank you so much for contributing to the betterment of this lovely, addictive site. And special thanks to Victor. Yet, i �m afraid Victor �s first suggestion falls short of treating everybody on equal footing. A member having a high score doesn �t necessarily mean he �s really that competent for we �ve seen what a mess the race for points had made this site.. Furthermore, different numbers of uploads for contributors with different scores will "make the poor even poorer and the rich far more richer." Wink

In sum, i totally agree with Libertybelle on her suggestion, because 1 upload a day for everyone is more than enough as far as quality s concerned-- and please tell me who can provide 7 well prepared worksheets or PowerPoints per week through sheer personal effort?

Best regards and good luck everybody! Clap

28 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >