Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What (or who) is your avatar?    

What (or who) is your avatar?

zailda
Brazil

What (or who) is your avatar?

Since I have nothing to do, I decided for this topic. I tend to imagine the person behind the avatar because each one leads me to certain feelings. There �s a little poodle dog here that I think is really cute, and a cat that looks to be praying with its paws together. I even asked the member about it - and she answered!

I don �t know about the other teachers, but I wonder who is your avatar: is it your pet? Your child? Or just a pic you have chosen by chance?

Mine is just me - I was at the bus terminal waiting the bus to return home. It was Xtmas time and I had spent a couple of days in Rio Claro, a city near here in S�o Paulo State, where my sister lives. Unfortunatelly, she refused to pay me a visit (I was at my hunsband �s cousin �s house) because of old family matters that aren �t worth to mention here. Despite of this little problem, as you can imagine looking at me, it was a wonderful time. The pic was taken by my husband, in Dec. 2007.

And what can you say about your avatar? I think if you answer this question, it �ll be a way to know a little bit more about you.

1 May 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Three guesses who mine is.

1 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

What �s his/her name? How old is s/he?

1 May 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Well mine is my favourite snack food that I miss from New Zealand. I live now in Sweden and I miss the delicious cheesiness that was a cheezel or two... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
(They are not like cheese rings... they have their own distinct cheesy texture and flavour!)

1 May 2009     

kmtr
United States

Great topic! and you have inspired me to FINALLY go put up an avatar. The decision as to what to choose is part of the reason why I haven �t done it yet! (and time!)

1 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Oh Zalida,
Thanks for this post. It �s on the spot.
Well, I always change my avatars, but all are my mirror. Sometimes pictures reflect what words can �t express. 
This current avatar represents the woman inside of me. I love butterflies and nature in general. I call for peace, and appreciate beauty.

What do u think????

Hugs,
Nebal

1 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I love the reasons for using this avatar and every time you change it I �ll try to understand the message!

Cheers.

1 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

kmtr, go ahead and show us a little bit about you.

1 May 2009     

lidiab
Portugal

My avatar are my 2 year old and my 9 months old kids playing in my living room.

1 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Hi, my friends! Nice topic. Gloria is my favourite cartoon character. She is very funny and has got a good sense of humour. So have I.� Very positive by the way . �And I am �plumpy too! he he he! Svetlana is my first name.

HUGS,

Svetlana�

1 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Spagman63, can you tell us about the day this cute baby was born? How old is s/he know? Tell us about its personality! I think everybody will appreciate to know more about this gorgeous baby.

1 May 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >