Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading the answer key in a different document    

Uploading the answer key in a different document

victor
Spain

Uploading the answer key in a different document

Hello everybody,

I �ve seen that sometimes there are worksheets reported for uploading the answer key in a different document.
I agree that it would be better to remove those worksheets. They take space in the web server and they make more difficult to find the actual worksheets.
However, there is no such rule in the website nowadays, and we shouldn �t report worksheets for a rule which doesn �t exist.

My proposal is to add this rule:

"Answer keys are highly appreciated, but they must be uploaded in the same document as the original worksheet, not in a different one"

What do you think?

24 Nov 2010      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thumbs Up

Linda

24 Nov 2010     

Nounaya 73
Algeria

Thumbs UpVery good

24 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Thumbs Up  great, thank you, Victor.

24 Nov 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

you have my vote

24 Nov 2010     

treasure0911
France

I agree with you that it is better to have the key on the same worksheet but it is sometimes difficult to make it fit or you have to create a special document just for esl.

I personally always make 2 different documents on my computer: one for students, one for me and having to change everything for esl makes it more work and I don �t always have time.

thank you for your work here anyway.

24 Nov 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Great. Let �s just make sure people don �t start trolling for old wss with separate answer keys. I guess the new rule would only apply to new contributions anyway.

24 Nov 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

I agree. Answer keys don �t need to take up much space so it shouldn �t cause members undue trouble. Philip your point is valid but it really needs a separate thread or more likely a sweater. If you catch my drift.

24 Nov 2010     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

I agree with you, Victor.

Les

24 Nov 2010     

roneydirt
United States

Personally think answer keys should be included so the downloader can see where the original writer was coming from when they created it.  One reason there can be other answers.

For those that say there is not enough space...  There might be a problem with your ws.  We are not asking for a fancy sheet to attach with the answers but something simple.

Next it would also greatly benefit not only the new teachers, but also the students that use the site.  It lastly benefit the teachers that are using the document to teach from as stated above.

It also makes it easier for the creator and downloader to grade the student �s work.

24 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

I agree with you Victor. It is sooo easy to retype those 20, 50 or 70 words.
The key can be really simple - a list of words.
This way the key is NOT heavy and it can ALWAYS FIT in the worksheet...

There is no need to upload the very same worksheet twice... and yes, it is not very handy to have two worksheets with the same things just because the uploadeer never thought of retyping the key...

In case of intermediate / advanced worksheet(s) it is really nice to have the key included as not all of us are advanced/native speakers...
Dear colleagues, include the key in the files, please!
You can make the life easier - for teachers and students.

24 Nov 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >