Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...    

TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...

aliciapc
Uruguay

@ Sophia: you have made (and continue to make) a huge contribution to the site, with your constant help on the forum !! Thanks a lot!

19 May 2012     

papadeli
Greece

I �m greatly disappointed when I read such posts. When someone tries to change-enrich the system, there �s always a group of 1-3 people trying to bite -but never eat- him/her.  

It �s just like looking through a microscope, and not a telescope... Teachers against teachers... What a pity!

Greetings from Greece,

19 May 2012     

frenchfrog
France

What makes this site �rich � is the discussions! Wink

19 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree with frenchfrog - we should be able to have lively discussions without biting or eating each other, or taking offence! Ouch! Well, I �ve thoroughly enjoyed this debate and I hope I haven �t even nibbled anybody.Wink
People who enrich the site - and apparently, there are thousands of us - deserve nothing but the highest praise. This is a tremendous, fantastic site where we share our materials and our opinions. We don �t always agree - well, we �re human. 

19 May 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

I think worksheets should be freely available for everyone to download. Not even copyrighted but licensed under Creative Commons.

All my worksheets are available here in exchange for points. However, I thought it was a good idea to make all of my worksheets freely available to everyone without needing points. Therefore I uploaded all my ws at islcollective. 

What I offer on my website for which I have never posted here except in my profile is a service: for those who cannot be bothered to download every ws individually, they can get the whole collection for a small, personalised fee. Btw, I don �t expect many to pay for downloading my whole collection. To those who do, I am grateful. ALL my worksheets are still completely free of charge if you download them individually and this will remain so.

The good cause I mentioned is a personal initiative about which I haven �t thought enough. It goes something like this: what if I could go to a few dozen countries and visit local schools for a few days where I help local teachers or give workshops for the interested teachers. All of this for free, except maybe food and board or homestay to get to know people better? At poor schools I could teach some for for free or donate maybe a bunch of notebooks.

Anyway, it �s just an idea so far. I don �t know if I will be able to realise this, but who knows.  I have kept very quiet about this so far, but Mariethe sort of forced my hand. Thanks, M! 

19 May 2012     

evelinamaria
Portugal

The point here is not your site...

The problem is whether I should post or not our webpages � links. I never mentioned your name... and I �m not going to start doing it now. Your page is your page and I have nothing to say about it... 

Keep up the good work!

19 May 2012     

papadeli
Greece

We are free individuals who want to know if and how things change. ESLchallenge and Phlilip have the right to make their work known. Why should I waste time on the laptop searching for hours to find sth?  There are hundreds of people who want to buy sth cheap and useful. Why should I stop
them instead of spreading the message ?

Since the owner of the site wants them here, letting us know about their ideas -even if they are not free- why should we bother?

On the other hand we are not children in front of a TV set. We choose what to watch, not our parents....

19 May 2012     

Mariethe House
France

If advertizing our own work for a fee or for free has become a policy of the site, well Iam glad This post was started so that , undirectly, Philip �s project got some publicity!Smile
Well Philip, Have a good thought about your project and let us know about itSmile I wish you good luck. Clap
yes frenchfrog, I do like this site for the debates it sometimes provides us with and  I do think that a little bit of controversy  brings some more interest to the exchange!I don �t do it just for the sake of being controversial but because it is my opinion and after all, we are allowed to express our opinion, are we not?

19 May 2012     

zailda
Brazil

Well, there�s a member who used to constantly advertize his website on the forum and it bothered me. I commented on one of his threads about my feeling and he said he was doing nothing wrong and asked me to show the rule he was infringing doing so. I couldn�t find one and decided to shut up.

I also learned that if something on the forum is not of great interest for me, but it�s appreciated by other members, I�d better read another thread and just ignore it.

The site is for more than 500,000 members� use and if tons of them appreciate Evelina�s posts and the site owner said he doesn�t mind and also appreciates it, nothing more remains to be said � just my opinion, with no intent of ruling something.

We pay for the resources we get from this site, as humans did at the beginning of commerce: we pay with our own resources. If some prefer to buy with any kind of currency, it�s their choice. Nothing is �free�, everything�s charged in some way. When they say �free� it means � no currency involved; but that doesn�t mean money won�t be involved in any part of transactions.

I think it�d be a good idea if Victor established a table for advertisements, which would be placed at the main page (high cost,) at the top of main page (highest cost), at the moderator�s page (low cost), and so on. I think he already has this ad page, indeed. In case he decided to create this possibility I would be interested, since I also run a web store since April, 2011, which link is available at my profile since then.

Why haven�t I advertized here? 1st � I was not sure whether it would work or not; 2nd � I didn�t have many different worksheets from the ones I share here at that time, so I guessed it wouldn�t be of any interest to ESL printables members; 3rd � Up to now the shop is only for Brazilians, opening an international branch soon.

Philip says �the worksheets should be spread for free�. I don�t know about his time, but mine costs money. If I spend 2 hours preparing a worksheet (or a set), I�m aware that I could be teaching a private student and charging him on per hour basis. I don�t earn, I don�t eat, I don�t pay my house rent. If my customers think it�d be a good idea keeping me home preparing work which they�d pay for, both parts involved would be satisfied; if they prefer to spend hours looking for �worksheets spread for free�, no problem at me, I�ll set 2 or 3 students more at the time I�d spend preparing worksheets (which I don�t need, already have plenty of) and will earn, eat and pay my rent.

It�s beautiful to say we can give our time, work and resources for free, if only I could convince my landlord that me not paying my rent would be for a good cause: tons of teachers with resources to enhance tons of students� learning! But I guess I won�t manage that�

I don�t know how to fix cars, I don�t know how to sew, I can�t set hair. I know how to teach English, Spanish and Portuguese and to prepare resources for doing so. And it�s too late for me in case I decided to use other skills I got through 5 marriages, too old to get into market.

As for Philip, I simply love his idea! If he can afford to spread all of his worksheets for free, I�m glad to know that. I also share a great part of my work freely, but I understand his cause and will contribute, for sure. Of course I�ll use the �dirty� money I got from the worksheets I sell, if he doesn�t mind about where the money comes from. And his work is really valuable, I�m sure his going to schools to help will be as well.

Have a nice day!

Zailda Coirano

19 May 2012     

frenchfrog
France

Victor gave us the opportunity to mention our sites / blogs in our profiles. Is that not an implied rule?
But for some members, it seems it is not enough ...
Again: How many times has Victor advised his site on yours? (Nobody has answered this question so far!)

19 May 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >