Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...    

TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...

Mariethe House
France

What a good idea it was to start this topic! it provided us with a good debate and discussion! The forum had been quite sleepy in the past few weeks. Looking forward to your advertizing again!

20 May 2012     

papadeli
Greece

The art of counting the other fellow �s blessings instead of our own.

20 May 2012     

Mariethe House
France

I quite like your picture, Sophia! Smile
I have a most valuable blessing in my life among many others but she is the most valuable of all!And it is my princess! here she is for you to see:

And I have values too that I try to transmit to her and money doesn �t belong to those values.
 When Philip speaks of raising money to give to poor schools to make poor children �s education easier, I can imagine the sparkle in their eyes when they receive books and pens and materials to help them study.
 Xani and evelinamaria are both very nice and participating members of this site but  I would rather see the sparkle in the needy children �s eyes !
This is what I teach my princess and she is my inspiration to my work. Money is not!Smile

20 May 2012     

papadeli
Greece

These are my 3 blessings. (the photo was taken 2 years ago). I hope they can have their own commercial sites if they wish. It would be great if their colleagues helped them achieve their goal.

Your daughter is a shining star! She �s got a great mother...

20 May 2012     

Mariethe House
France

ClapClapClapThumbs Up Adorable!!

This is not my daughter but my grand daughter!

hope your sunday ( rest of it) is nice and full of joy with your princes and princess.Smile

20 May 2012     

zailda
Brazil

Money can be a "dirty" thing, which the generous people don �t like, but helping the others doesn �t rule out earning from our own efforts and work. Or maybe the teachers who take part in this site teach just to help others without charging for it?

21 May 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

well said, Zailda. but...

21 May 2012     

Mariethe House
France

@ Zailda: On how to disagree agreeably:

http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/how-to-disagree-agreeably-10000001057544/index.html

Yes, I feel belittled by your question but Maybe you �re right Zailda.
I was a teacher for 40 years and got paid for my work regularly without my having to worry about it. Now I am retired and get a pension from the state which allows me to face the future without worrying too much about money. This allows me to help kids in my village with their homework or give private lessons or do social work just to help without making money because I just like helping whenever I can and I don �t feel happy if I don �t..
 However I reckon I am very lucky and understand some people have to run their own business to actually make a living.
So Evelina, I am sorry if this is the case and I understand your advertizing better now. If it is not the case, well, we simply don �t have the same values and this is perfectly acceptable but in that case Anyone is entitled to express their opinion on a forum.
have a nice week.

22 May 2012     

zailda
Brazil

I hope you had carefully read it before sending me the link, Mariethe! Sometimes the things we try to teach the others are just what we need to learn. Someone so generous like you could take benefit from it and get even better than you are, instead of wasting your precious time trying to educate a lost case like me.

After 34 years teaching I also got retired, but differently from you I live in Brazil where teachers are underpaid and the pensions are merely a percentage of our salaries.

I don �t disagree about helping, I also do what I can in order to help people and the proof are the tons of pieces of my work that remain here (and I haven �t tought about removing them). I �ll keep providing free resources for the colleagues who need my help.

We don �t know other people �s reasons or their financial situation, so we shouldn �t judge them using ourselves as a model. 

As someone has said, the owner said Evelina and Xani are allowed to post their ads whenever they want to. In the past I defied one of the owner �s decisions and got nowhere, so I learned my lesson - I guess...Wink

Who are we to create rules? The ones who attack people on the forum for advertizing and defend the charity could show the ignorant people like me how to do it getting to work and uploading 3 worksheets a day for our poor students.

Have a nice day!

EDIT: I think you didn�t read it properly, Mariethe!

From what I see, you managed to infringe rules # 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9.

I�m not good at it either, so I guess that if some day I decide to become a polite and nice person - even when the others aren�t - I�ll need another teacher.

22 May 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

What can poor people do with worksheets or links if they have no paper or magnificent digital boards to use them with? I have the feeling it �s only egos that move about here.

22 May 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >