Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...    

TALKING ABOUT NEW SITES...

evelinamaria
Portugal

Frenchfrog - Victor doesn �t need to advertise his site - we already do it on ours because we are proud of being a part of this community... and we never get tired of saying  THANKS to Victor. Despite all,  We still share our work here...

When was the last time you shared some worksheets here in eslprintables? 
I really don �t get it... what �s your big problem? It seems you care too much about others...

19 May 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Well, evelinamaria! this is too much!! French frog is one of the "oldest" and most valuable members on this site. She chose to leave it after helping thousands of people with her ws ( of extremely good and thorough quality!) , her tutorials and others! You can �t talk about her , or to her, the way you do!! Have a look at her blog and show a little humility, will you, please!!
http://frenchfrogslittleenglishpond.blogspot.fr/

19 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Evelinamaria, after all this debate, I looked at your work today and I downloaded 2 of your ppts, they were great. I sent you a thankyou, of course! I also looked at your private website, which you keep advertising here. I am quite prepared to pay for what I get. You enjoy plenty of free advertising on this site, well -  good for you.  You should, though,  be able to argue your case without getting personal towards frenchfrog. She �s got an opinion, which she is entitled to express, no matter how many wss she �s uploaded recently, surely??

19 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well said, Mariethe House. 

19 May 2012     

dragonfly2
Portugal

One thing I always find a bit odd is that some members keep on asking everybody for respect for Victor but, at the same time, they do not respect him themselves...
He has said he doesn �t mind evelinamaria �s post and has defended her by saying she is generous to continue to upload her work here. He even implied he doesn �t understand what all the fuss is about. What else is there to discuss? Do all of you think he likes reading all this nonsense?
He said he doesn �t mind. Respect his decision!

19 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Mariethe: the point was why pointing a finger at someone who has their ws and still contributes to the site accusing them of being a detrimental phenomenon to the website whereas Frenchfrog chose to remove hers from here and keeps going on and on... btw the blog which you mentioned isn�t even in her profile so apart from the oldest members no one here knows about it and can�t actually benefit from those valuable resources.

I am not taking anyone �s side, but don �t you all think that �s overreacting?

As if people who do a great job and get paid for it (btw not hundreds of dollars per pack) should be ashamed of it. 

I always feel humbled by amazing achievements of others but that doesn�t entitle anyone to diminish other�s accomplishments.

Sophia

19 May 2012     

patriciasainz
Bolivia

I agree with frenchfrog and tech_teacher. In a friendly way,  I just would like to ask the people who has a personal website and constantly is using the forum in order to post her/his site, please to reduce the frecuency of her/his advertisement�. maybe once a month, once every 15 days�

19 May 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Hi again Sophia! Did you have a nice afternoon?Smile
 point a finger ? a detrimental phenomenon to the site?? You are overreacting!!
I have said before that I didn �t agree with advertising for your own site for money and Victor said it was alright and I said OK . However , advertising so often is just crazy!(9 times for evelina and 5 times for Xani) It is spam or do they think we are blind or stupid!!?LOL
Frenchfrog didnot give the link to her site on her profile because so many people were stealing her work or taking it without thanking her for it! If you have a look at the link I gave, You will understand!
BTW, Have a nice evening , day, morning, whatever ,everyone! This is my last reaction for tonight!Smile

19 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@ Mariethe: I was referring to frenchfrog �s post which you commented. And called  the amount of arguments, which go on and on, overreacting not your personal reaction that was why I posted the line about it in a separate paragraph.
I know of the blog and visited it a couple of times, don �t remember if I ever downloaded anything though, but I do remember leaving a comment. Am I now on the suspects� list?:)
People do take things without thanking more often than not and if one dares to mention this they are immediately ridiculed e. g.  

Thanks for your concern about my afternoon.
Sophia

19 May 2012     

Pelletrine
France

Zailda: thank you so much for sharing your thoughts ;o)))

As the French say : "With an "if" you can put Paris into a botlle."

1�  Victor has given his opinion.
2�  Evelinamaria and xani are doing a good job here .... and on their sites
3�  Phillip Roeland has a fantastic project: GO GO GO!!

..... the rest of the tread are "if"s  !!!

So, please: DO stop argueing: doesn �t help anybody.

19 May 2012     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    Next >