Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What your ws description tells about YOU    

What your ws description tells about YOU

maker1
Turkey

Dear Zailda,
Not sharing your sense of humour is one thing but not having a sense of humour is another which sounds bad however I do totally agree with you about the worksheet descriptions.
Have a very Happy New Year Dear Teachers.

26 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

It �s not that Zailda. It �s so easy to make fun of sb..... I agree with Natalia (Sonn), I think she got the point.
Sorry, i did not want to be rude, really.

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I �m not making fun at somebody in particular. Did I mention anyone? I understand that not everyone share the same sense of humor I have, but is there any particular rule on posting something on the forum which I have missed?

I mean, if I have something to say, don �t I have the right to choose the approach? If everyone here understands English, what �s the problem if I post  lyrics, a poem, a quotation, pieces of advice (which I �ve already posted many times)?

Can I - please - choose the way I want to write?

26 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

?? Zailda,  I think you were misunderstood by Tatiana

I totally agree with you about the descriptions, thanks for bringing this issue to the forum, I appreciate your care...

26 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

Somebody in particular? Uh-la-la! 
................Dear teachers! I wish everyone luck, love and patience. Have a Happy New Year!

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Julieta, I don �t know why, but I have the strange feeling the discussion is not about my thread. Have you ever gotten this feeling as well?

I �m curious...

26 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Sonn, that piece of advice you refer to has been given time and time again. Guess it has not worked.

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Manoski, you �re right. Today I have reported several wss because they were copies or non-esl and - guess what? - the descriptions are pretty much the same as these...

Sometimes I ask myself if there �s a relationship between bad descriptions and breaking the rules. After all, when you upload a ws, if you leave the description empty you �re not able to finish the uploading. For me it suggests the description is an important step and since I �m not allowed to upload without one, I provide one. But people who write nonsense are - in a certain way - defying this rule (having a description).

And there are particular cases when a detailed descrition could have helped moderators to have a better - and fair - idea on what to do.

But my message was sent, if you think it �s not worthy of consideration, just do what you think is better.

I want to ask again: is there a rule against expressing what goes on your mind? I know we have moderators, do we have censors as well?

26 Dec 2009     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Zailda,

that �s brilliant:o)  I totally agree with you. Just imagine a teacher giving his/her students a ws and saying: "gahfkahgjkafjkafjga" Wacko

I also noticed most of the contributions with above described descriptions are either stolen, or copied or nonsense (and therefore useless).

Take care, MichaelaThumbs Up

26 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Yes, I have... lol...

Specially in the reported contributions, but well, as we say in Mexico "no somos monedita de oro para caerle bien a todos"

26 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >