Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What your ws description tells about YOU    

What your ws description tells about YOU

Sonn
Russian Federation

Humor is a very delicate thing. Some people may laugh and some people may be offended by the same saying. Especially when the people are from different countries. I like people with a sense of humor and I think Zailda didn �t mean to be rude or impolite. I think we should repeat some tips which were given. It would be helpful. Best wishes and Merry Christmas!)))  

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Thanks, Julieta!

I couldn �t agree more with you, if they crucified Jesus, who am I to expect that everyone will agree with me? And I don �t expect that. But sometimes I have the feeling that whatever I wrote I �d have the same people disagreeing...

Missing goodnesses... LOL

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I �m not angry at all, Tatiana, just curious...

26 Dec 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Zailda: I knew you`d miss him / her one of these days!!!

hahahaha

Tatiana: everything is ok... sometimes when we do not know the person who writes the thread we misunderstand, in this case Zailda is one person who is always helping and doing good stuff, I am sure she understands

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Just to clarify:

I �m AGAINST censorship, since I �m from a country where we can freely express our opinion. And it wasn �t a taunt, if somebody recognizes the type of description s/he normally writes, it might serve as something to consider, don �t you think?

26 Dec 2009     

sirah
Argentina

Hi teachers! I agree with you Zailda! and most of the time I think the same when I read those kind of descriptions you have quoted.LOL
have a great day
Patricia

26 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I guess the first tip for writing a description may be as follows: don �t write the description as it is shown in the first message of this thread. Is there anything else  we should know about writing the description correctly?

26 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Sonn:

Sorry, the idea of asking other members for advice on how to write it hadn �t crossed my mind before I opened the thread.

26 Dec 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

Dear Zailda,

I like your sense of humour.  I agree with you about the descriptions.  And I often find the descriptions arrogant.  "You will like it."  "It is good for your students." 

One can tell a lot about a worksheet by the description.  Saves a lot of time when checking out the worksheet.  If the grammar in the description is bad, the grammar in the worksheet is not likely to be good.

Keep laughing all.

Judy

26 Dec 2009     

marta_marta
Poland

Zailda, I couldn �t agree more! Thank you for your post. In my opinion, there was nothing rude about your comments. I hope it �ll make all the members think twice when preparing a description.

26 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >