Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What your ws description tells about YOU    

What your ws description tells about YOU

Sonn
Russian Federation

Maybe some members, especially newbies, would like to read some tips not only critisism and jokes on this topic. If the aim of the thread is to help the others, I think we ought to  help each other to make the description  clear and it save each other �s time. Those members, who have many points could give some tips if they want to.

26 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

While I agree that the "oldies" should help the "newbies", I wonder why I would need to give tips about how to write a description of your printable. Seriously, this is basic common sense. Do you really think we need to tell a member not to write asdf in the description box?

26 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

What �s the use of this thread then? Just a mockery?

27 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Sonn, I saw it as a " come on people, don �t be ridiculous". 

27 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Sonn:

How would you describe your work if a possible employer asked you to give one? ASDF? How would you give your students directions? ksjeheotnmgtn?

Does somebody need to explain that it �s not a good way to introduce your abilities / skills / character / work?

This thread would be completely unnecessary if people - as Manonski wisely pointed out - made use of common sense.

27 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I wonder why you are talking about me. I never described my works as asdf. I just want to make this thread usful because up to now it �s just arguing and nodding. Nothing useful. Tips would be nice here. That �s what I want to say. I want to read what do you want to see in the description if you judge people and their way to present their work .

27 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I �m talking to you, I �m not talking about you.

And I stated a condition: IF people made use of common sense, it would be useless. If it is useless for you, don�t consider it.

27 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Zalida, I know you are a moderator but I don �t think it gives you the right to talk to me in this way. It �s offensive! Everyone here can give their opinion. I stated mine.

27 Dec 2009     

zailda
Brazil

@sonn, I started this thread as a member and not as a moderator, exercising my right of expression. I don �t need the "moderator status" to express and explain my ideas - I �ve never needed it, indeed.

I �m not rude, I �m objective: if you think this post is useless - (as you described it, who is rude?), don �t consider it. What �s the matter? Isn �t it rude to say this thread is useless? Some members who responded to it disagree with you.

You don �t have to follow my advice, read my post, or do anything you don �t want to. Suit yourself.

27 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

To Zailda: I �m sorry but you �re showing a complete disrespect to another person �s opinion! 

27 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >