Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I don ´t know what to do ...     

I don ´t know what to do ...

Ivona
Serbia

Ahhhh, Caroline, don �t mind it. I think i heard or read somewhere that the English people suffer a lot more than other Europeans from heart related diseases all because of the ... bottling up. (Un)fortunately, i had to use the forum as the punch bag and let it all out. I was in two minds whether to do it or not, but said to myself: you keep being annoyed and keep sniffing and grunting and growling and keeping your mouth shut and it will keep on going until you say/do sth about it. just take the bull by the horn and see what happens ... they might even understand you. they �re all nice to each other, why wouldn �t they be nice to you, too?

14 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hehehehe! NowI �m all smiley again IvonaSmileSmile  You are a real tonic Wink
CarolineHug

15 Aug 2009     

Portugal

Hang on, Caroline! Can this help?HugagainHugand againHug...

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

ya..im fine now.
Caroline.

15 Aug 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

I agree with Ivona.

ESL is one matter, birthday parties are another, which can only be useful (emotionally) to the person whose birthday it is.

We really have to differentiate between useful and lovely.

I am sometimes flubbergusted by the huge posts in the forum with exploding fireworks, shiny baloons, animated floweers and thelike.

Before checking ESLPrintables I sort of tune into self-education, all things ESL/EFL, you know, and then - BANG! Happy Birthday! - oh well, happy birthday then...

There goes my original focus and inspiration. Blinded by colours and screaming-jumping phrases, I cover my eyes and crawl back to my Private Messenger Box or My Printables. Then it �s time to go back to work.

I have nothing AT ALL against kittens/puppies/flowers in the Cafe, since it is where they belong, and some of them are quite lovely, and I look at them a few times a week, and then it is democracy, cause I have a choice - to look or not to look, but when I look at the Message Board to see what �s bothering teachers today, I feel that someone who celebrates birthdays didn �t leave me any choice - I HAVE TO SEE and feel guilty, too, cause I don �t write any congrats.

There, honesty.

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

My sentiments too Lana.
Caroline Hug

15 Aug 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

OMG!!! Who isn �t nice to dear Ivona??? Can you tell me??? Wouldn �t my hugs, kisses, and butterflies sent to u ur way make u happy??? No, no, it doesn �t work with dear Ivy!! Neither the girly talk, noooo !!! What shall I do then????

Ivy, you touched me a lot when u mentioned chocolate. I do really eat chocolate everyday, but the problem is that I can �t control it. Cry

Ivona, u didn �t answer my first question that is typed in red. Uhhhhhhhhh!!!

Ivona, I �m telling you again that it �s your right to speak out your heart, but I �m stressing again that people here are really different . You know it best.

Keep smiling and keep your sense of humour!!  Ivy we all understand you and respect you . That �s why we keep missin � you!!

Lana, you shouldn´t feel guilty for not wishing someone a happy birthday. Nooooooo, it wasn´t made to be felt like a big load. If you don´t like the whole idea, just don´t send your wishes, dear. Please, don´t make things look like obligatory. If you don´t like doing sth, just don´t. We won´t take it personal coz we respect differences.

Nebal

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ahhhh, gz, Caroline, will you quit that lovey-dovey stuff? You �re contradicting yourself!! Cool

Anyway, the reason i said what i said above was not to gather think-alikes around me and make people take sides. What i would like is for us to meet half-way. I believe there are many more who feel the same, or nearly the same, as i do, but i �m the only one who said it out loud. Just the other day, a member who asked another member to post pictures in the cafe (i �m not really sure who either of them was) was told the following: no one seems to mind it but you. There �s more than no one, but they give up and give in for fear of being punished for speaking their minds or for fear of hurting someone �s feelings .. i don �t know.
If you say we �re a big family here, let �s then be tolerant to all the family members and try to understand each other instead of taking sides.

15 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

There are a lot of fuzzy animals on these forums, aren �t there?

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Sorry Ivona..did not think it was THAT lovey dovey. Anyway it is not here I do my lovey dovey stuff. HugHubs waiting hehehe
CarolineHug

15 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >