Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I don ´t know what to do ...     

I don ´t know what to do ...

Caroline565
Australia

I agree with you Mena..I posted the same earlier. Pms can be used if the greeting goes from Cafe.  I do understand  that Victor (who made this site and tries to keep it orderly and nice for us all) gave us the Cafe to use for the wishes and the pics and the fun stuff in order to keep the Message Board clear.  So why can people not go along with HIS wishes. And it �s not that the Board is sacred as was suggested... but it �s for learning about methods on the teaching of  English. Beats me why it cannot be understood that Victor �s method makes good common sense. And because I am saying this now I probably will be concidered to be a spoil sport. Believe me I am anything but that..but as a teacher I do have great respect for dicipline and order. After all is it not what we expect from our students. So why not practice it ourselves.
CarolineHug I �m off to bed now. Have a nice night/day/morning/afternoon ,whatever LOL

15 Aug 2009     

Portugal

What �s the point of this thread?
Is Ivona in a better mood?
Have we reached any solutions?
Do you think, if we had, they would be taken in consideration?
What �s the point of this thread? Knowing who is right or wrong?
Treating insomnia? (I �m not refferring to anyone)
I �m been to such interesting threads, there is always someone trying to assume roles, like the voice of reason, the contradicting member, the soothing member, the  member, the adult member. Does this sound familiar? Human interaction, that´s all this is about. I �m off to sleep. It �s 1 o �clock in the morning. I enjoyed being in this thread, though I didn �t get a response from most of the members. But I �m ok. Always in perspective.
Good whatever, everyboy. Why is that that I don �t feel as good as I felt 2 hours ago, when I tried to help someone in anger? I �ve got to reason on that.EmbarrassedOn the other hand, I�ve learnt a lot today, rereading all the posts, trying to understand all the meanings involved. So the least I can honestly say is THANK YOU!

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Dear Nika..you have me totally puzzled...what are you actually saying? I have gone over your long posts so many times and I still cannot understand . Ah maybe it �s me and my insomnia LOL Maybe my mind is all fogged up from staring at this screen. The wages of an addict Wink Take care,
CarolineHug

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

@ nikadixon
I �m always in a good mood. Even when i seem not to be. Lol! I do owe you a response but it �s 2.12am here in Serbia and i �m packing to go to Ohrid, Macedonia at 5am (in less than three hours and i wanted to take some nice pics of myself there in a nice white dress i bought in Bulgaria, but now the pics will be a mess with the dark circles around my eyes after spending so much time here). Hubby �s already asleep on the couch coiled like a snake, waiting for me to wake him up to go and stretch in the bed. Gz, i �m behind with it ... a couple of hours now.

Thank you all for participating, even Denisa who reacted the way she did and did not conceal her true emotions. I �m always more for a blatant than a (or �an �??) euphemistic response as long as it is backed up with good arguments. (Ummm ... do i make sense at this hour?)

Er, the conclusion should be this one: we meet half-way, we respect Victor �s wish and ... we keep on the �love and hate � game and "encite each other to ever new births" (Nietzche)

Nah, Mr S. Pants is still failing me ... Nite nite everyone! Cool (taking off my shades) Sleepy

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Good night dear Ivona..U are soo nice ..We really love the way you bring us all to life here LOL. Thank you sooo much for bringing this topic up..It was wonderful to read all the different comments. Enjoy your trip. Hope you will be able to stay awake to take all those wonderful picturesWink. Is this lovey-dovey enough hehehe. Btw ..hub was snoring here  so I have moved to the sofa hahahaha!
CarolineHug

15 Aug 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

OMG!!! I can �t believe it!!!! After a hard day working until the evening and feeling exhausted I get into this place, the place where my other family live to see such bitter words.

Dear Ivona, maybe you are right to celebrate the day when no birthday wishes or cats and dogs appear on the forum and/or the caf�. In my case I always celebrate the day when no bitter soul appear making comment like this to  ruin the nice environment of this place. 

Sorry if I �m rude, but I think that there is a bunch of members who consider that they have the right to say whatever they want no matter the feelings they hurt.  As somebody has already said: tolerance is the key.

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

oh dear Damielle please read all of the posts before jumping to conclusions. It has been a most interesting discussion really and nobody got annoyed except one person. It was just an open and honest airing of views. Even if you read Ivona �s posts you will see that she was not angry...but a little annoyed at the repetitiveness of some threads here etc.  If you get time follow all of the thread (though at this hour it would be too much),and even you will be assured that it was all in proper humour. It was just a little more open than is normal but good.
Night night ,
Caroline Hug

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

@ caroline
nn2u2

@ damielle
don �t take it to heart. as i said, let �s meet half-way. i was being considerate and tolerant and quiet up till now. why wouldn �t you, too, take into consideration what EYE have to say and see things from MY pov? they obviously differ. i wasn �t being mean, just blunt. i didn �t coat my thoughts in euphemisms because they wouldn �t show you the degree to which i, maybe, dislike some things. the easiest way for me would be to leave the forum and the site altogether and just leave you be. but is this a place for one-sided people? if this is meant to be an ESL site, should we flood it with cats and dogs all the time?
btw, you and some other member spoke about "ruining your night". now, do you think you don �t ruin MY day/night? (i´m speaking for myself here, although i know there are more people who would like to see less of things) i �m not pointing fingers or accusing. i �m just trying to make you see things from another angle.

all i was asking for is measure, moderateness. nothing else. too much chocolate, however sweet and lovely it is, makes one sick. doesn �t it?

15 Aug 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

I �m with Damielle...

In fact, what really bothers me is having people complaining here all the time!!!

Birthday wishes are at least positive feelings! I was, like Orit, lucky enough to get birthday wishes and it was soooooooooo nice!

On the other hand, I myself wondered many times how useful are some of the threads the people complaining in this one start!!!

Sorry, but this threads makes me angry! Angry

Cyn

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

@ CynW
Ok, it makes you angry, but it doesn �t help solve the problem. You just expressed your anger, like i did. You don �t like threads like this, i don �t like threads like those. See? We both have a dislike. I want a middle way. Not to fight or anything. When things bother you, do you keep quiet about it or try to find a solution?? Instead of giving me plausible arguments as to why i shouldn �t feel the way i do, and maybe make me change my mind about things, see them from YOUR pov, you �re just growling, grunting and sniffing, like i did on seeing those threads. I want to feel good again about things. And you �re not helping.

EDIT: And the underlying thing here is, as Caroline and Mena mentioned, to respect Victor�s wish. And you (pl.) don�t.

15 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >