Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I don ´t know what to do ...     

I don ´t know what to do ...

Cyn.
Argentina

Ivona... you are quiet funny!

I don �t need an ally to stand for what I believe...

As a matter of fact, I hate to dissapoint you but there is no PM exchange between Damielle and me... I admire Danielle �s work but that �s all, we have no relationship whatsover and in this opportunity is just a matter of having the same opinion.

I believe I have addressed you and feel I have no further things to say.

That �s it for me and I hope it �s for you too.

As regards you re-enactment above... you could turn it into a play for your students, I �m sure they �d love it! And I have some ideas for the sequel too!

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Well my dear JulietaVL...you are so right..people will come to Ivona �s defense..and let me be the first. She is being funny..and that is all she would intend it to be...but of course for those who are determined to be negative about it ...then I feel sorry for them. They need to take a good look at themselves and "get a life " Bah! sometimes I just wonder if people think it �s a sin top laugh!
Caroline.

15 Aug 2009     

Sara26
Brazil

Hi girls,

I �m not defending anyone here, but I guess what Ivona is trying to say is that this forum has been misused. The birthday wishes are just an example (she �s not against them; the point is they have been posted in the wrong place), and all the same threads about stolen worksheets, complaints about received pm asking for free ws, complaints about rude pm received, the same difficullties to upload ws, and so on ...
And I don �t think there will be an easy solution for that, unless the threads could be monitorated before being posted here, which I guess it would be impossible to be done, since this is a public website and anyone can start a thread here.

As for the caf�, well Ivona, I should say we love that place. There are not only "the feline and canine pictures": we share funny, interesting, amazing, and even educational stuff there, from all over the world!! Drop by and say hello anytime. You will be very welcome.

Best wishes,
Sara

15 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

I �ve read this whole threat and I find it not funny at all! Even thou some members pat your back and support your point of view. I don �t either understand what so important posts you are missing to feel so upset about members wishing happy birthdays and sharing pictures.
I find what you are doing very provocative.

I find this kind of humour very wierd and only being funny to the people who support it. I don´t find polite that one should come to the forum, say whatever, be provocative to members and then pretend it was all a game, just being funny and crazy!..Wackoreally some need to get a life...
Also, I feel it �s a pitty you waste time on this. I was just browsing the site and thinking of the wonderful members who contribute daily to the site and never show up with such unkind and sarcastic comments /post like these ones. Those members are the ones who keep this site alive, not these kind of posts trying to find an argument over the birthday wishes you are so upset about.

Good night

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Thumbs Up Great, Cyn! You came out from the bushes and i really appreciate it! Here �s my hand!
I �ll be more than glad to hear the ideas. You could even continue the trial, or appeal to the Supreme Court! LOL Btw, i do write plays for kids and am nearly finished with them to be published. I �ll send you a copy as soon as it has come out!
Julia thought that what i made up would be offensive to you or Damielle �s egos. But i know you �re not that sensitive. I just needed you to defend yourselves and not wait for others to do so.

People, i will love you and leave you. Thank you for watching the show. Please, don �t change the channel. See you after the break.
(ta-ta-tat-aaaaa nan-nanna..nanaaaaa)

@Judith@rwen
sarcasm = A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
I never ever intended to wound anyone. Nor do i think that i said things that would hurt someone. And either people are not reading the posts carefully, or they are misinterpreting what i wanted to say on purpose.

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Oh, and it would have hurt a lot less if all of you had just said you loved those pictures and couldn �t live without them. I would understand it. I just shared my thoughts with you. My frustration. And you, being a big �happy � family made me feel like an outcast ... an ugly duckling. This was a test, people!!! And you showed your tolerance, and support and all the things you keep preaching about but when it comes to practise ... a lot of you (not all) fail. Thank you again for watching. I �m off to ... Macedoniaaaaa!!! Cool

15 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Finally, all I can say after reading all of your posts CAREFULLY is: if you think you were very kind and not provocative at all Caroline and Ivona... you are wrong!!

If your intention was to be kind and funny and not to hurt anyone, guess what? you did!

Good night ladies, I won �t spend my night in this thread anymore

15 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Well, if this was a test..... it is even more wierd.
Stern Smile
You mentioned about being annoyed or fed up of seeing the same questions being asked and anwered over and over again. This also shows your not tolerant enough with new members..(exaclty what you are accusing everyone here of..:) ..for instance...

There are many people who need help, need to be oriented to know where to start in the site because they are not familiar with how the site works. They do not need to be sent to the moon to read the FAQs...and never ask again on the forum just because some older and experct members feel annoyed by seeing those questions so many times. Many people, do not have 24 hrs a day free to search for the saved threads to see if someone posted her/his same question!!!-

Other people are puzzled when they find there are problems when they try to upload material etc..etc.. So this also speaks of your tolerance! Smile The site receives new users every day!

Good night

15 Aug 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Dear Ivona,

No one wants you to feel as if you are an outcast, but I don �t think that you quite understand sarcasm because it is meant to teach or point out what is wrong, usually in a humorous way. I must admit that your words quite surprised me. I �m very glad that others understand you better than I. Having the pictures on The Cafe is what Victor intended the link to be for. Please join us when you can and share your pictures.

I hope this has been a test, but it has been difficult and the directions were vague. Please, we are adults, let �s not test each other.

Thanks,

Carla

15 Aug 2009     

Portugal

Still there, ladies? I went to sleep and got back just to check if everything was ok. I can understand that Ivona was frustrated and wanted to make a point, but I don �t really get how and why  Caroline can be considered provocative,  honestly I really don �t.
There must me some other way of sharing ideas, without calling names to others. This is not sharing, this is throwing. Besides, if we keep these threads too long, mostly at night, as I realized most of the members did, there will be always someone saying smth the others won�t appreciate. We�ve got to know where to stop.

15 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >