Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I don ´t know what to do ...     

I don ´t know what to do ...

Judith@rwen
Argentina

I agree with Damielle, I don �t understand why people keep saying we all need YOUR posts and

your clever ways!! ... No-one needs sarcastic members who are liked by a few and supported

by them and so feel they can post whatever comes to their mind, be offensive and then

modify what you initially meant to confuse people...as it all turned out to be offensive to many people.

Someone said:  "PS: You must admit - it �s great to have Ivona back... "

I find this pathetic.

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ok ... the case is not closed, as far as i can see. I mean, it was not closed when i thought it would be closed. I �m just back from the trip and am wrecked. I would be in bed now only for the fact that i must transfer the pictures onto the computer and return the camera in the morning...

I took a quick look at the posts that followed, i reread the previous ones and ... i mostly said what i had to say in the way that i felt at that very moment. It may have been (or others would say �it was �) a wrong way to do so, but that night it was the only way for me.
I will not start up a new thread, but continue in this one. The members relevant to the case will be duly informed via pm �s to read my replies, if they wish.

I �m off to bed now to rest.

17 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Finally, TO DAMIELLE!

@Ivona, please reflect on your position. You are constantly posting things,  and then, when you  repent, want to erase your opinions...

When the spring cleaning started, i looked at my posts and found a thread in which i complained about a stolen worksheet. Now that we had the moderators and the system to get rid of all that, i thought it was totally unnecessary to have the thread there. That was the ONLY time i asked the others to delete their answers (which were no more than a few words of consolation or something).

BTW, why have you editted your initial post? As you did it, many answers are out of context now.

Because i kept being misunderstood. I meant it to be a lament, and you took it to be a growl. Then i read it with different eyes (your eyes) and saw that it could be interpreted as a growl.

Besides, try to be coherent. Victor posted about the caf� on may 24th and on June 10th you posted this ...

Yes, i posted in the forum and DIRECTED people to the cafe. That was a way of POPULARISING the place which was wrongly (in my opinion) thought to represent a place for sharing pictures of CATS and DOGS and CATS and DOGS. I wanted to put it to a better use, and i did, according to the reaction we got from the other members.

Do you think that we have to accept it?

I could easily ask you the same question, but i won �t. I want a middle way. JUST BECAUSE i �m the ONLY ONE to say out loud what i thought of the cafe and the members sending pictures incessantly DOES NOT MEAN that a lot of other members are not bothered with it. I wish they spoke out loud like me and not send me pm �s where they said they were (quote) annoyed but that it �s better to let things be and ignore them. If we are a family (i �m beginning to dislike this term, but some of you keep using it) then there should be room for everyone. Don �t you think? By acting like a spoiled stubborn brat refusing to give up her toy, you �re not showing any of the qualities you used to describe the �big happy family �.

Can�t you think that the other people also need to let it all out? But in their case, what they let out is their love and happiness.

I let out happiness and love when i �m happy. But when i am frustrated with things, i cannot pretend to be all right, but wear my heart on my sleeve and share it, in this case with all of you because you are causing the distress. And those members who lavish all their �love and happiness � all the time must be robots or not from this planet. Or they are just a bunch of hypocrites pretending that everything is coming up roses in their lives and there �s no �negativity � around them (in the forum) but (again) when it comes to PM-ing ... oh, boy!

You know who you (pl.) remind me of?!? Miss Julie (A. Strindberg), with all her sexual purity, purged of all genuine emotions. No passion. Have you heard of The Goddess of Complete Being?? http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-Goddess-Complete-Being-Hughes/dp/0571168248 In simple terms she represents a complete woman - a mother, a wife, a seductress. She �s both �fair � and �dark �. She �s real. What you lack is the third aspect, you lack the darkness (in metaphorical terms, of course) - to �seduce �, to challenge, to inspire ...
But that �s you, and i �m not asking any one of you to change, i just want a ....

MIDDLE WAY

but you spitefully, vengefully, stubbornly refuse to grant it to me and the silent others.

26 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9