Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I don ´t know what to do ...     

I don ´t know what to do ...

Ivona
Serbia

No way. It �s 3.50 and i have to get up in an hour. And i �m not even down yet. I mean, in bed. You know what i mean. Lol!
Caroline, why aren �t you in bed?? What �s keeping you up? Damielle and Cyn will probably not come back to take the challenge, and the by-standers will not join in, hehe. And they �re the dangerous ones. They wisely keep their thoughts to themselves ... Evil Smile and keep �friends� on both sides. Hmmmm ... Ermm

EDIT: "Let bygones be bygones"?? Does that mean we�d be back to the old way???

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

No Ivona..It does not mean that we would be back to the old way..just means that if I have been taken up to having been hurtful by anything I have posted in this thread or if I felt hurt by others � remarks...(and I mean that for anyone who might feel the same)...that it �s over now ..we have aired our views and we must move on and just enjoy our company as we always have done.
Caroline Hug

15 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Ivona, you know how much I like you so this isn �t personal.

I think if we put too many rules and restrictions on this site and each other, we �ll end up a very dead and detached site.

We always have the option of not reading what we don �t feel relevant or interesting.

The birthday greetings are often in one message with the rest of the messages hidden.
Perhaps if the animations weren �t so huge, they wouldn �t fill up so much on the board.

But as I wrote above - just skip the stuff you don �t want to read.
That �s the most democratic way we can keep this board "human" and caring.

Just my opinion.
Hugs
L

15 Aug 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Your words are very wise Libertybelle!
Thanks for sharing them with us!
Cyn

15 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hi Libertybelle I understand what you are saying but it is Victor who made this rule about putting the greetings and the fun stuff in the cafe. We have to abide by HIS decisions. If we are all going to do our own thing there will be utter chaos. This too is just my own opinion.
CarolineHugGzz Liberty I had better go to bed..It �s almost 4:30am here. No one to blame but myself LOL

15 Aug 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I couldn �t agree more with you libertybelle. And don �t worry by the size of the graphics, it won �t take too much space. There are always 10 threads on the home page.

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Why does everyone start with "you know how much i love/respect you" in order to say sth that is opposite to my opinion?? There �s absolutely no need to do so. We are just discussing things, and the fact that you think this way and i think that way does not (necessarily) imply that i would dislike you for it. (This is not addressed solely to you, but to others who think that the moment you go �against � their opinion, you go against them and are not their friend any more.

Anyway, fill in the blanks with the missing information:
GIFS/JPEGS/ANIMATIONS .... SPACE .... VICTOR .... CAFE

If i skipped the stuff i do not want to read ... then there would be nothing left for me to read ... I want to have sth to read. Get my point?

Yes, rules and restrictions would strip the site off its charms, but not measure. Shouldn �t we have measure in everything? in order for things to remain appealing and beautiful as they are?? ...

EDIT: Damielle and Cyn? Why do you keep on agreeing with others and avoid addressing ME? It�s really ... childish. It just proves that you are lurking in the bushes and having no courage to stand up to me (my opinion, that is) and defend your pictures and all. Again, as i said above, i have nothing against you two (and others) personally, only some of the things that you do. If YOU (or anyone else), on the other hand, mind sth about ME and my ways, just say so, and we�ll find a compromise. But stop lurking and exchanging pm�s.

15 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

"All rise!"

"Has the jury reached a verdict?"

"Yes, Your Honour."

"What say you?"

"We, the jury, find the defendants, Damielle, Cyn, and others ... guilty ... "

"Whoaaaa!?!?!" (gasp in the crowd)

"Order! Order!" (gavel banging)

"... of putting up too many pictures in the forum and the cafe (though they are allowed to do so there)."

"It was not a fair trial! We didn �t have time to prepare the evidence!", cried Damielle.

"I find that the prosecution has proved its case beyond all reasonable doubt...The witnesses supplied by the defense seem to have been ill-prepared. I therefore find in favour of the prosecution and I am imposing a fine to the value of ten worksheets from each witness �s account to be paid to Ms Bratty. Case closed." (bang, went the gavel)

15 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Ivona, in my opinion this last post of yours is NOT polite!

Do you really think it is funny?

Some may find it too funny as one member of this site always tells you that everybody enjoys your sense of humour but for me (and I know some will come to your defense) this post is not nice at all!

15 Aug 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

What would life be like if everyone agreed with everything, very boring.Smile

Obviously, there is no set solution to this as we have read from the posts, some people don �t object to  the greetings on the forum and some do.

I like Orit, like the idea of birthday greetings, this is part of what makes this site special, whether they be in the forum or cafe.

I think the reason most people post on the forum is because the cafe only has a limit of 30 posts.  Mena made a suggestion of reposting or sending a pm, which sounds reasonable.   Perhaps because this is a daily occurrence some sort of box could be made just for special greetings that will hold more than 30 posts.

As the song goes  � �La verita me fa male � �, but everyone should be allowed to express his or her opinion, without having to feel bad about it.

15 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >