Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

NattyNate
Russian Federation

Gteat job! Thank you, it �ll be easier for the new users not to make mistakes.

17 Feb 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

It says...
When you send a contribution (printable, powerpoint or online exercise) you get points, and you can use those points to download other users � contributions.
I believe it should say this...
When you send a contribution (printable, powerpoint or online exercise) and it gets downloaded you get points (1 point per 1 download) the next day, and you can use those points to download other users � contributions.
...because this was the question which was often repeated in the forum by new members. (Sorry, if it �s listed afterwards, but I �m reading and then sendind notes as the text goes, so I wouldn �t forget anything.)
Btw, thanks for doing this. It is only natural and necessary that the site changes/adapts as the number of members grows rapidly. 

17 Feb 2010     

luboff
Russian Federation

That �s a good idea! What about reuploaded wss? are there any rules about that?�

Have a good evening/day Thumbs Up�

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Wakebeauty,

The second part of that pharagraph asks users not to take any text from other other websites or books if they are ESL websites or books. Not even if you add exercises.
I ask this because there could be copyright problems.

For example: if you take a text from a newspaper and you add some exercises, transforming it into a reading comprehension worksheet, it would be considered fair use.

But if you take a text from an ESL book to make another ESL worksheet, it could be considered a copyright violation, even if you add your own exercises.

I guess I need a better paragraph to explain this. Any suggestions?

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Yes anitarobi,

Someone could think that you get points just for sending contributions. I �ll change that sentence.

17 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, Victor.

You�re doing a great job and the new rules look OK. Just a question about contributions with less than 5 points. Are the points going to be removed too? It wouldn �t be fair to the ones with little points. But I don �t know if the system is able to remove such ws without the loss of points.

17 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Victor

Thanks, you are doing a great job.

As wakebeauty said tomorrow/ the following day and, I think, yesterday / the previous day.

About copyrighted texts from ESL books - if the user gives credit, would it be ok, or would it still be considered a violation of copyright?

If so, will you delete older contributions or shall the users delete them. ( If this is the case I have to delete one, so that I am asking)

linda

17 Feb 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

The same here as anitabori: reading, then sending the suggestions, ok Victor?!? Wink

When you reach 30 points you become a premium user. Then you will have 30 free downloads every day (without using your points). 30 free downloads to choose from the recent contributions (yesterday /previous day/ contributions), not from the whole collection. 

Maybe one more topic?!?Thumbs Up

�  You �ll find the following saying next to a free worksheet/powerpoint:(As a premium member you can download this worksheet free of charge)

17 Feb 2010     

reb77
France

Dear Victor,

Thanks for this great website and these new rules.

Yet I have one question:
if worksheets that have under 5 points are removed, how will we be able to prove they are stolen if someone else than the real owner uploads them after? After all, even if they have under 5 points, they remain the owner �s creation!

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Linda,

Copyrighted texts from ESL books: no, not even if the user gives credit. But this is something that I ask for the future. No need to remove the old ones.

MJ_ Misa:
No, they would keep their points.

reb77: yes, you are right.
Maybe it is better to remove only the ones with 0 points.

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >