Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello everybody,
I support the idea of �freezing � a worksheet if it has been reported.
I like Barbara �s suggestion to translate the rules of the website into other languages. Just in case.
I think that to be a moderator with 10 000 points only is too much, probably 5000 or 7000 would be better. I think this sytem to become a moderator should be tested first to see how many members with over 10000 will take part. If enough amount of people will take part, then it will be fine. But if there will be just 3-5 active moderators, the rule of becoming a moderator should be revised then.
And, of course, the page with the rules should always be somewhere on top, so that everybody could easily access it at any time.

Victor, thank you very much for all the new things you have introduced today.Thumbs Up All the rules are clear and fair and above all, easy to follow.

Kate

17 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, guys. I was thinking about the wasted server space that is used when people divide their wss instead of reducing it. Having a rule about it should be a good way of preventing that. Reducing pics is a little time consuming, and many prefer the easy way of spliting files, which is not good for our limited space... that was my main concern.

About the template problem, I think that we must be very careful, because not all members are worried about sharing their �templates � (myself included, but there are others), and most frequently, I saw wss being reported that are simply not copies, but they do "look alike" (what can not be against any rule, right?!).

But after all we went through that time, I think we all, moderators and members are much more careful when uploading and reporting, at least I could feel that.

Thanks for all the replies you make to us, Victor!
Bruna

17 Feb 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

• I think your instructions are pretty clear. Thanks for all your effort. I have just one suggestion. You say:
  • When you send a contribution (printable, powerpoint or online exercise) you get 1 point whenever someone downloads it... you �d better cross out the underlined part since, as you point out below, oe are scored differently - The online exercises will be rated by the other users the day after publication, and you �ll get points according to the average rating:- Average rating 5: you get 10 points...
  • Just one more thing - I think oe are underrated and not valued enough. They are as time-consuming as ws but not very appreciated (judged by the number of contributions when compared to printables). Why not "offer" more points for them? I think it �s fair and this way members would make an effort.

17 Feb 2010     

Nessie33
    Germany

The more people who can report, the better. !! ?
     Are you sure ?  It sounds a little bit...
     ( history lessons?)
    Best regards

17 Feb 2010     

ynroko1
    Slovenia

Hi to everybody.

I agree with the idea!!! Smile 

I �ve been thinking recently a lot about how everybody (well not everybody) says that we (have to) care about our environment. There are some worksheets about this theme, too.
    Is this really true???

Just think: We daily produce so many worksheets, especially coloured.
    And imagine one teacher distributing coloured (or B&W) worksheets every day to all his/her students ...how many paper is used for that, how much colour for printing...daily!!!
    Is this really so nice to the environment? 

Well I appriciate the effort of all the contributors of this comunity, they do a GREAT job and are creative. I �m not one of the best contributors, but anyway...

Is really necessary to produce and download so many worksheets which maybe we don �t use?...

So, let �s get to the point: I think ONE contibution per day is enough, and that has to be original and useful.

Have a nice evening and take care about our Earth. 
    Y.

17 Feb 2010     

moravc
    Czech Republic

Zora �s right... Can there be a free collection of templates for newbies?
    Similar case was the calendar... so I suppose it IS possible to include 10-20 docs full of templates... Those templates would be created by ESLprintables members...
    If it is allowed, I will try to send as many free templates as possible in one file, both boardgame and worksheet templates...

17 Feb 2010     

victor
    Spain

Linda, your idea is fine, but I think it would be a different category, without points, like the "calendars". Just generous contributions.

Kate, this is a website for ESL teachers. If someone can �t understand the rules in English, how will they create ESL worksheets?

Bruna, I �ll try to include tutorials on how to reduce file size.

Carlos, I agree that online exercises should be more appreciated.

Nessie33, I think that many eyes can see more than two.

Ynroko, if we make lots of worksheets it doesn �t mean that we are going to print all them, only the ones that we need.

Now I have to go again. See you later.

17 Feb 2010     

mohammadsaleh
    Palestine

Hi Victor and thanks for the new updated ideas.

I would like to ask about the size of the wws that we upload. Really, couldn �t you make it a little bit larger? The problem that i faced and of course some of members face is the "size" of the doc and especially when there are pictures. Thank you

17 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
    Brazil

yes, Victor... a section like the calendars, great idea, Moravc... who wants to share templates doesn �t want points, I guess... just wants to help the newbies or people that are not art designers, like some. Otherwise, many people would upload things to say they are templates and get away with points and no real ESL activities.

And, there are many tutorials, I think... it �s just that people don �t go through the trouble. But, for me, whatever you decide on that matter is fine.

See you around, Victor and all!

17 Feb 2010     

sea camel
    Belgium

I �ve read everything through and I completely agree with what �s happening here. It seems like we �re taking this site to a higher and even more professional level ( But do not misunderstand me, this already is an amazing site!). It �s a pity all this is happening because of misunderstandings, misuse,... I might not be the best contributor but I know the amount of work it took to earn my points. In a way I think 10000 points is too much (So, no Belgian moderators but I definitely do not doubt my international colleagues!). Nevertheless I can see where it comes from. So, Victor, I can live with the 10000-point moderator idea.  Keep up the good workThumbs Up!

Kristien

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >