Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

Aimee/S.
Israel

I have 2 questions:
1/ Moderators must have 10OOO points, it �s too much. Maybe 5000 would be enough?
2/ It would be better that only moderators report stolen material.
3/ Worksheets reported as copied: you said that after 3 strikes you will review.
I don �t agree with 3 strikes as a principle.
It should be proportional to the numbers of points.

Thanks,
Best wishes,
Aimee

17 Feb 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Hey Dear Victor,

I Have to go now!!! ONCE MORE, CONGRATS FOR THE GREAT JOBClap!!!! It �s a pleasure to be part of this great site...Star

Keep on the HARD WORKWink

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Aimee,

Too many moderators is not good.
The more people who can report, the better. If someone abuses the reporting option, s/he will be disabled from reporting.
Three strikes is just to be reviewed, not cancelled.

Now, I have to go. I �ll come back later and read all the suggestions.

Please, everybody, tell me what do you think of this:

the document could be "freezed" (unabled to download) if reported. After that, if it was not against the rules, it could be taken back to the "recent contributions" the following day, and the author would not lose any point.

It is not included in the page of rules, but it could be a good idea.

17 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, Victor! I thank you (again) for your time and dedication to the website. New and clearer rules were seriously needed! To me, they seem clear and fair enough!

I have a question regarding copyright: Will clipart with watermarks on it be allowed (from now on)? It says they must be from free sources, and there are some wss and users who use clipart without permission... I think it �s not fair, because most of them are intended for language teaching.

17 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

The freezing idea sounds cool!

LOL

Just kidding, it sounds great!

17 Feb 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Well done ! Clap

I have nothing to add, everything is perfectly clear....

I hope we �ll avoid some misunderstandings we use to have Smile

Best regards,

Goga

17 Feb 2010     

Bare
Croatia

Nobody would be hurt by freezing the wss for a day and it would prevent downloading the stolen wss... It seems to be an excellent idea !!!

17 Feb 2010     

Stepha
Portugal

Hi! I think the "freezing" proposal  and the changes regarding moderators are great. Thanks for combining all the information in one place. My account is somewhat recent and there were things I still didn �t understand. I praise all the extra work you will have regarding account cancelations and ws removal. Clap When the final document is ready please post a note or something so that I can download it, ok?
Keep up the good work

17 Feb 2010     

juliag
Japan

I, too. like the idea of freezing wss for a dayThumbs Up.

What I meant by the previous post about what happens to worksheets that are reported is that I can �t see this anywhere in the new rules of the site and think this should be included so that all new users are aware of for what their worksheets can and can �t be reported and what will happen to them/ their accounts in the case that their worksheets are reported.

Maybe it was written there and I just overlooked it, but I checked twice and couldn �t seem to see anything about that. Might just be cos it �s 2:16 and I �m falling asleep at the computer...

Night all
Bye

17 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi
You wrote in the rules that we �re not to take pictures from the internet. I pay a membership to two websites that then give me permission to use their pictures. I guess I can take those pictures for my printables. Might be a dumb question but if it �s not clarified, technically, a lot of printables here could be deleted.

Thanks!

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >