Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

elderberrywine
Germany

no moderators from Germany either.
Five from France, though.
Four from Italy.
Two from Denmark

17 Feb 2010     

FroggyClaudine
France

I �ve read all the posts so as not to repeat something that �s already benn said. There �s one thing I don �t understand. I �ve never installed esl tool bar and I can download and upload without any problem....
Just one thing about the freezing process, am I wrong or should the sentence say your ws wil be "frozen" and not freezed ?
I remember writing this once before but shouldn �t the rules be written under the heading "RULES" instead of "what �s this".
I think the new rules are really clear and nobody can now say they didn �t know. Thank you very much Victor for this site and for spending so much time making it even better.

17 Feb 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

I couldn �t agree more with the "updated system", except for the moderating part.  I subscribe to everything Libertybelle has written, I agree 100% with her because it seems we �re in the same boat and her post reflects exactly what �s on my mind right now, so I won �t repeat the same thing. 

Clearer rules will make things easier for everyone, I think.

Hugs

Carina

17 Feb 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Victor,
Thank you again for all you do! The website is amazing. In a way it is a shame that one needs to get into all the petty details in order to avoid abuse of something so wonderful.
Crazy what points and competition do to people... But you are right, it obviously is necessary...Lets just hope that everyone will look at the rules with the intent to understand how to best be a contributing part of this amazing community rather than with the intent to find loopholes that allow cheating. 

17 Feb 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Good evening everyone.
Thank you Vistor. The stated rules seem clear enough especially with some of the suggested corrections. I especially like LInda �s (Zora) suggestion about free templates. I think new comers should be given some help in the beginning- call it a welcome gift.
The only other think I �d like to sayis that like many others I believe that 10000 is too much. Maybe 7 thousand would be better. I do agree with everything else and I think everything should be implamented as soon as possible.
Good night to all! 

17 Feb 2010     

joseant8a
Spain

Hi all, it is nice to see that people are involved in the procedure of updating the site rules.
I really recommend to increase a little bit the size of the uploaded files, especially  the powerpoints.
Thanks for your hard work Victor

J

17 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I like that idea with section for free templates. I am also willing to share some layouts.
I have i little doubt about the moderators issue but as you said, first you have to find out how many members with more than 10000 points is really moderating. I cannot contribute very much just know because I have to study for another degree, but let � hope there will be enough people with the necessary amount of points.
And I have the feeling OEs could be rewarded in some other way. It is really difficult to make them and it should be taken into question.

BTW: Wouldn�t it be possible in he future make OE in Mozilla too? I know it probably doesn�t belong to this thread but lots of us don�t use IE at all.

17 Feb 2010     

soul2010
Egypt

hi victor first I want to thank you for what you do to improve our site . really it is a great job

second thing you saied  Worksheets reported as copied I will review them  after 3 strikes  what happened after 3 strickes ofcourse  his / her account will be cancelled  and the member  can �t make a new account
I think it is not fair. because the member put  a contribution and get alot of points then after a period of time    he reported that  sorry your  contribution was copied

I suggest that instead of canceling his or her  account , the site will prevent him or her to  download wss  for a period of time till he or she back the points  he or she get to download others  wss and all the member know  his or her fault  after he back the points his or her account back to 0 point to start from the beginning , but not cancelled forever

third thing if  my contribtion was cancelled and i want to say  no I do it myself ,  i begin to send you an email but you dont reply. this happened befor with  some of my friends you don �t reply  and their account were cancelled

fourth thing, if I and somebody else use the  same computer, and   the account of my friend was cancelled.  the question is why I can �t log into my account I dont break the rules of the site but  someon else. why I prevent  to log in it why I punish for something I didn �t

sorry  if I interrput you and thanks again

17 Feb 2010     

Anneclaire
Italy

I agree with your proposals, Victor. Thank you for the time you �re dedicating to this wonderful project!
One small thing: maybe Libertybelle is right, 7,000 points can be enough. Or better, it depends on how many people have more than 10,000 points and if they are willing to check our ws everyday (or if they have time).
Bye for now!Smile

17 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I think the idea of having an extra section for �free � templates it �s a great idea to help new members. I understand some members don �t mind to having their worksheets used as templates.. but other people do and spend loads of time arranging text boxes, colours, to make the content more appealing and I �ve seen some people taken those worksheets, errase the content and write their own... What �s more, copying the exact same type of exercises. I saw this the other day in a worksheet with activities based on a song. I don �t think this is fair, since the worksheet was the same  but with a different content.

It �s the same with worksheets that were used by newbies using Mena �s layouts & cliparts!
I think we should not deviate the purpose of the site which is share ORIGINAL works in all its senses! One thing is to be inspired and another is to basically use worksheets of others.
They should start things from scratch Or use the free templates some gernerous members, who don �t mind having thousand of worksheets looking alike, upload.Approve

I don �t think it �s necesary to translate the page to other languages I agree with what Victor said. If the teacher can �t understand english how could s/he upload ESL resources?.

I hadn �t seen the idea someone gave about having people applying or being chosen to be a moderator... I think it �s a good one.

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >