Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What your ws description tells about YOU    

What your ws description tells about YOU

zailda
Brazil

What your ws description tells about YOU

The description you write when you upload a ws explains some of your ws aspects, but it explains much more about YOU.

Reading a ws description we can conclude something about the teacher who wrote it:

"It �s good for your students."
It may be.  But... how good is it?

"It �s a perfect worksheet."
Arrogant?

"This is for the your ss. You will to understand whem you readed it."
Missing grammar lessons?

"This is the first part, there are other 2 parts and you use all of them with this, if you want. It may sound confuse, but it begins here..."
Planet Earth calling... over...
If the description is confused, how would the ws be?
No, thanks...

"It �s a worksheet."
WOW! So creative. I swear I thought it was my mother �s missing letter...

"asdf"
Typing class

"paomentupneuyfntmeldj"
Illiterate...

"No comments..."
No download, then...

26 Dec 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

From Leo Burnett: Good advertising does not just circulate information. It penetrates the public mind with desires and belief.

I agree with you Zailda. In fact, I don �t even bother to look at something that has no clear description, is full of gibberish (really, how do you expect someone to download something that is described as asdf), or full of mistakes (if your description is full of grammar mistakes, what does your printable look like?).

26 Dec 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think this description "takes the cake".

test
this a test for dummies

Please don �t see this as advertising.  It was not my intention.

26 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Barb, who are the dummies in your example? The students or the ones downloading?

26 Dec 2009     

stexstme
France

� dhyuonpdsjyivltes �" = stolen from Katiana  ( Unless you are a  pubisher, of course!!)

26 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

Well,  are there any examples that would prove your theory ? I don �t care what the description says. I �ve met quite a lot of ws with a good description but there was nothing interesting for me.  "No download, then... "hmmmm.......not very polite, I think.
Just don �t download if you don �t want to, why say such things abt authors?
This is what I think. Good luck to everybody.

26 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Besides this, I also take a look at the member �s name (nickname). You can easily see that the ones with strange (I just want to be polite-here , so I use the term - strange) names......have ........how can I say it in a polite way????....strange contributions. 

26 Dec 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Tatiana, would you buy in a store if the seller did not even give you the courtesy you deserve as a potential buyer? I know I would not. I �m not saying a good description equals something useful for me but at least give yourself a chance when you upload a printable.
For me a bad description is the equivalent of a person who is saying "I don �t care about you but please download to give me points" .

26 Dec 2009     

yolprica
Spain

I agree with Zailda. When the description is not clear, I don �t even bother to have a look at it. Perhaps we are missing a lot of good things but I really don �t worry.

Hugs from Spain

26 Dec 2009     

Tatiana712
Belarus

Agree. But I am against such comments as  I swear I thought it was my mother �s missing letter... or No download, then...

26 Dec 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Tatiana, this is not the case when you have to defend the "culprits". We are all supposed to be educated teachers here. If a person neglects some part of his/her job, he/she loses respect from many people.

Zailda �s examples should serve as an encouragement or a suggestion to think twice before uploading a worksheet.

26 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    Next >