Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

abba
Spain

I �ll do my best to help.

23 Dec 2009     

Alenka
Slovenia

Me too,
thank you so much dear Victor for all you do for us!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

23 Dec 2009     

loty7645
Turkey

I will support you too...I am going to warn my colleagues and students not to use their publishments...
 To tell the truth, I have heard of this publishing here in our site for the first time although I am an ESL teacher in Turkey and I feel ashamed...
That publishing company is no way a favourite one in our country...

23 Dec 2009     

yola1923
Spain

I �ll inform all my friends, and I support this campaign
MERRY CHRISTMAS

23 Dec 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

I �ve been trying to follow this afsyayincilik issue for days (however I could �nt do it well) as far as I �ve become concerned this publication house is under a big accusation - which is quite righteous of us as the member of this great site -
I �ve just made a phone call with the person in authority of afsyayincilik and I informed him of the stuation and he explained that they work with foreign teachers (whose native tongue is English and teach English in Turkey) who supplied the worksheet to the publishing house. He said that they didn �t put them in their books on purpose. They purchased the worksheets from those foreign teacher. Surprisingly enough, those foreign teachers have already sold the same worksheets to another publishing house.
In Turkish we have a proverb like "An envoy cannot be blamed for his mission" and I �ve just acted like an envoy.
to your concerns...

23 Dec 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

It seems that the person who sold the wss to afsyayincilik is a member of our site... Pity...

23 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

@ Mr Dgdln... you seem rather gullible...considering that this so called publishing house has published books with fake authors and illustrators listed in the credits...
I think that the story they are feeding you is outrageous.
I believe that they thought that no one would know outside of Turkey that these books were made up of stolen materials. In fact the story they gave to you is quite different from what they posted here a little while ago. Where the person from that publishing company was rude and indignant that they could use anything from here as it was on the internet and free to share. That doesn�t really match with their story now of a foreign teacher selling them material now does it.

Seems to me they are making stories to try and get themselves out of trouble.
EDIT: Just to add AFS also had fake accounts here that had copied and stolen work in them AND as AFS had been a member here for a very long time you cannot tell me that he did not recognise Katiana�s work... I mean come on... anyone who is a member here knows her work from the past year as she was someone who contributed basically every day in a very distinctive style!!!! So how could he all of a sudden not recognise this work from this mysterious "foreign" native English teacher teaching in Turkey!!!!
Search AFS and you will find the thread they posted. Where they were annoyed that their accounts were deleted  etc....

Don �t believe their lies.

23 Dec 2009     

salonica
Turkey

Thanks for sharing this .I �ll inform my friends about this.And I �ll do my best..

Happy new year:)

23 Dec 2009     

merchita
Spain

Thanks V�ctor for your support and hard work. I strongly support this campaign too.

For those who celebrate Xmas:   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Take care.

23 Dec 2009     

yamanegeli
Turkey

I couldn �t believe my eyes. I think the editor of the book thouht that he has discovered a new web page and nobody knows www.eslprintables.com  BUT we are really a big family here. I will send emails to all of my collagues in TURKIYE. thanx again...

23 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >