Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Unintentional? Oh come on.... at least they could ask the authors their permission to use the worksheets and write their names on the ESL books... We all could work together....In fact it would be great and funny if eslprintables members could see their work printed :) (just a thought )

Now, cheating is immoral and illegal....

All my support

L�cia

10 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Hey hey AFS Yayincilik,

if you decided to have a share of worksheets on this site,

why don �t you share some money with us? LOL (That is, with the authors of the stolen worksheets).

10 Jan 2010     

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

hhhhhh LANA, brilliant idea, I agree with you

10 Jan 2010     

blizzard1
Denmark

Great idea Lana, but I wouldn �t even trust them with that. They would keep all the money :(((

10 Jan 2010     

Morrisons Eyes
France

AFS has designed many worksheets and uploaded them to several sharing sites. These worksheets are online for 2 years and available for free access.

Er... Where, please??? references??? I �d really like to know where did they upload THEIR work because AFS Yanyincilic has 0 worksheets registered here under their name. I made a small research on google and didn �t find any ESL sharing sites wss under their names...

There �s no transparency in that and I would have been very very upset if somebody used some of my work to make money on it without my share of it. 

As others have already said : unintentional?? C �mon, you think we are stupid or what? Usually, teachers like to work their brains... usually!

11 Jan 2010     

Katiana
Spain

AFS WROTE:

�With the help of many similar innovations, schools in Turkey started to prefer our products against the foreign producers whose products are often 5 to 6 times more expensive. Right after, with perfect timing, this issue is brought to the ESL forum. We are already aware of some parties who from time to time resort to unjust and unethical measures to make up their deficiencies in innovation, quality or price.�

Guess what I have just found out! Among the stolen worksheets they have also published this one:

It belongs to a Portuguese Publisher, EDI��ES ASA. The title of the book is:

Plug & Play!, 7.� ano, Ingl�s n�vel 3, by J�lia Viana and Regina T. Clementino, Edi��es Asa, Workbook page 21.

Is it possible that they can be so cheeky? They talk about the quality of their products and innovations, like the embedded wheel in the back cover of their books. When my parents saw it, they told me that at the time they were studying ( a long time ago) there were lots of similar wheels on different topics.

Hey AFS, will you ever stop bragging and telling us those huge amounts of lies?

By the way, are you also going to withdraw the books from all the schools where you went to sell them? I know you also go to people�s houses to offer your products. Are you going to ring every door to get them back? Are you going to come to my house, too? Remember that I also have some of your books!

11 Jan 2010     

Nelssa
Ukraine

Katiana, +100!

12 Jan 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks for your swift and ongoing action Victor.

It �s a shame, and shameful, that this has happened to such a great community.

I fully support any action taken to rectify this situation and to legitimately protect the work of rightful owners.

Cheers

Jayho

12 Jan 2010     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

hi katiana,

Did you contact the Portuguese publisher EDI��ES ASA? I Think they might have something to say to AFS Yayincilik. I had a look at AFS Yayincilik �s website. Does anyone know how big their circulation is or how many copies were printed? Thier website can be described as amateurish at best and the images they use have obviously been procured using the "print screen" function.

If they are too lazy to make an original text book, I am 100% sure their songs and CDs will be ripped off of bussongs or genki english. Their audio books of the count of monte cristo etc are also fakes im sure...... There is no way they paid for proffessional musicians/ voice actors or paid royalties.

http://afsyayincilik.com/

makes me sick......

14 Jan 2010     

jane swill
New Zealand

I support this campaign

14 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >