Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

olaola
Italy

right Lana, I think this is one of AFS guy, if not him !!!!

24 Jan 2010     

FroggyClaudine
France

How long do you think this weird compagny is going to deny what they actually did ? I just don �t understand what their aim is. After all, we all support Ana and the others who �ve been abused and it �s not use "stirring the knife in the wound" to litterally translate a French expression.
AFS, leave us alone !

24 Jan 2010     

dennismychina
China

Well if Cenk isn�t part of the A organization he certainly should be, and if he is a teacher he should possibly consider a career change, into PR perhaps

I had thought that this campaign was getting a bit long in the tooth. I�ve changed my completely. What a bunch of�������. (fill in your own ADJ.) They sound a bit worried and so they should be. Keep up the pressure guys.

24 Jan 2010     

cenkcan
Turkey

I �m truly shocked by the way I �m welcomed here.

So anyone who is a new member and expressing a different opinion is an employee of this company ?

I can �t believe how fast I �m accused on this feeble basis, and how instantly this accusation is shared by others !!! 

Normally I try to relax and rest on Sundays, so I �ll rather save my breath and trust there are saner members around to take hold of things.

Right now, I don �t know what else to say.

Cenk Candarli

24 Jan 2010     

cheezels
New Zealand

What you COULD do is read all the previous threads and posts that AFS has written here. Use the search function and I am sure you will be able to find them.
 NOT just in this thread. Maybe the thread where they threaten members might interest you...and how they were so defiant that they could so what they liked with the worksheets from this page...maybe how they told one Turkish member who took the time to call them, that it was in fact a Native English teacher living in Turkey who brought all the worksheets to them to publish and it was not them at all as they had no idea that they were from this website. that they had been misled by this person, or any of the many other contradicting stories that they have posted.

They had a double account. That account had copied and stolen work from other members and the account was banned. While they were members here they downloaded what they could to use for their own purpose.

Can you see now why people here have no tolerance for this? It has been nothing but contradicting story after the next. Oh and to really aggravate things further they decided that every time they write something they promote other products that they sell. Disgusting.

I hope it does go to court. I do hope that they are found out officially for the scum that they are. They assumed that no one would ever find out that they had stolen other teachers work and passed it off as their own.

Welcome to the site. But you really should get yourself fully informed about exactly what has been going on.

You might have missed: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=14832

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=14839&page=1
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=14924

24 Jan 2010     

lshorton99
China

Innocent until proven guilty anyone?

AFS is clearly proven guilty but cenk has not been proven to be anything. I know everyone is angry and cenk may just be another attempt by AFS to sway opinion but if he is not, then he has just been unjustly accused.

If he is, I hope he either has the courage to admit it or leaves but until then he has the right to express his opinion.

I fully support the campaign against AFS and believe stealing is wrong but I feel perspective needs to be maintained. They committed theft - nobody died.

24 Jan 2010     

faya
Turkey

Nobody died but there is Democracy.

Things should be done according to the book.  Asking doesn �t hurt or harm anyone does it?

Sincere welcome to Cenk. It was nice of him to go and check on ESL behalf, he clearly spent valuable personal time to check this out but AFS company should admit to its wrong doing not make people feel sorry for them. Yes, a lot are in need but the consequences shouldn �t lie upon them.

From the right channels, everyone would have opened arms to such helping cause BUT as I said if it was from the right channels.

Lets advice AFS to send the publishing books to all students in need globally then, if its free of charge. Why keep in a restricted area? Open up globally.

Regards....

24 Jan 2010     

swissprof
Switzerland

Hi Mr Cenk Candarli !

I am just  wondering why a newbie with 0 point is preoccupied with an old story in this site  that he doesn �t even know ???

Is a newbie if he is a teacher not  more interested by sharing good worksheets and making friends than starting with old controversies `???

24 Jan 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Well said SWISSPROF!!!!!Thumbs Up

24 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

to: cenkcan

that was beautiful....simply beautiful.

what a touching story...such a noble act.....you went all the way to their offices? an hour a way? amazing load of B. S.

bravo

25 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >