Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Maybe it �s a good idea if no one involved has any contact with them without taping the conversation or without a lawyer present. If you tape the conversation you have to tell them you are taping it and make sure you telling them you are taping it and them agreeing that that is okay is on the tape.

You know at first I felt a little sympathy with them, I thought they were a small company who thought they could make a little money by stealing some worksheets, which didn �t do any harm when you think about it, even though it �s not fair. But their lies and threats and refusal to apologize and admit fault has really got my goat.

As the accusations are not baseless, if they took you to court for slander/libel (i get those two mixed up) they would loose. They would know that.

7 Jan 2010     

rmouh
Morocco

My full support to you against this morally illegal act by this so called "teacher".

7 Jan 2010     

maker1
Turkey

Calling this person a teacher is an insult to the rest of the hard working honest members of this community. This person is just an opportunist who is after making easy money illegallly; i.e. thieving.

7 Jan 2010     

Ozymandias
Turkey

Thieves can not be called as Teachers. I live and work in Istanbul/Turkey as a teacher and will spread the word in as many places as i can. I don �t have time to translate this nowadays but I will translate the note in the blog into Turkish as soon as possible and will let my people know what is AFS.

By the way I �d like to thank to those who worked hard to develop this site and all the members who shared their valuable works.

7 Jan 2010     

erar2008
Spain

Victor, I strongly support this campaign against this illegal act. Katiana and all of us do not deserve it.

8 Jan 2010     

AFS YAYINCILIK
Turkey

Dear ESL Members;

As we stated last week, we are here again to share the latest information about the subject. The aforementioned pages in our Learn English books have been completely replaced and the revised edition of the books will be sent to anyone providing a valid school address and name (we wish to send these books to Viktor if he chooses to supply his contact information). These books will be sent to all points of sales from where all the problematic books are withdrawn. If there are any locations who fails to ship back any Learn English books to us, Viktor�s informers in Turkey can also let us know and we�ll take swift action to remove those books as well.

Again we express our sorrow for this unwilling and unintentional error which at that time wasn�t recognized as a mistake by us because of the following reasons;

1. There were no copyright information on the worksheets which contained images and clipart that were already purchased by us,
  2. The worksheets were printed by many schools in large numbers and distributed,
  3. AFS has designed many worksheets and uploaded them to several sharing sites. These worksheets are online for 2 years and available for free access.

If this error was in fact planned and intentional, we would have used fake names when registering to ESL site. And contrary to what was claimed by some ESL members, all the names listed as authors and artists are real persons.

We will be more than happy to introduce these people �except one who passed away- to ESL members who happen to visit our Istanbul office.

When our error was first realized by some Turkish colleagues, we wish they would also inform us about the situation. However, after finding out the discussions on the ESL forum, we got in touch with Katiana and Victor by sending private messages and asked for their contact information to discuss the solution alternatives. But rather than replying our messages, they decided on starting this insult and boycott campaign. With open communication this issue would be resolved peacefully and much earlier. But we understand that there�s a different purpose.

We believe that today this whole issue is being escalated by some elements involved with the fierce competition in the Turkish market. AFS is a %100 Turkish owned company. One of our latest innovations was to turn the Learn English book covers into an active learning instrument. With this innovation, students can use a rotating wheel embedded inside the book cover to exercise on key topics and vocabulary. Converting the otherwise passive book covers into an active learning tool is first applied and patented by AFS.

With the help of many similar innovations, schools in Turkey started to prefer our products against the foreign producers whose products are often 5 to 6 times more expensive. Right after, with perfect timing, this issue is brought to the ESL forum. We are already aware of some parties who from time to time resort to unjust and unethical measures to make up their deficiencies in innovation, quality or price.

25 years since its inception, AFS always respected the laws and rights. We are cordially inviting all the members and teachers who happen to visit Istanbul to our office. We believe that after knowing us you�ll understand why we are in business for 25 years, and why we will be for the next 25 years.

Best regards,

AFS YAYINCILIK

9 Jan 2010     

donapeter
Romania

no kidding!! 

9 Jan 2010     

yolprica
Spain

It �s really incredible what I have just read written by AFS.

9 Jan 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

�Unwilling and unintentional � my foot!

Carina 

10 Jan 2010     

jessica farias
Argentina

I also support the campaign.

If they are such a big company (as they say) , I won �t believe that it was unintentional or just a mistake.

I know that the truth will come up!!!

Jessica

10 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >