Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

to Cenk Candarli
Truly you are welcome on this site. But as Swissprof says, shouldn �t you be more preoccupied with making contributions and sharing which is the purpose of the site? But you simply are going on with the advertising for AFS which they started here some time ago. Your words and tone totally resemble that of AFS which led us to a thought that something isn �t right here. How did you become a loving fan of this company so fast? Very weird. And really, if you are who you say you are, read the old threads and don �t try to sell us all this "AFS charity" story. It sounds ridiculous. Nobody here believes it.
Best regards Yulia.

25 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

I agree that we shouldn �t accuse cenkcan in public of being an employee or at least a good friend of AFS Yayincilik, BUT I can �t help thinking exactly this in private, sorry!!!

I totally agree with my dear ladybird...we shouldn �t be accusing cenkcan of being an employee or even a good friend of AFS Yayincilik...cause he is AFS!

I`m guessing the owner of that pathetic excuse for a company....

I just hope Victor will ban both of these accounts, cause like many others, I`m tired of their ads.

25 Jan 2010     

occurin�
Spain

quoting Ladybird:

the font / typeface in cenkcan�s post is the same as the one AFS usually uses in their posts (Times New Roman?)... This only happens when you type a text in MS Word first and then copy & paste it in order to post it here. ;o)

LOL!!! Fake alibi fail.

Yes, always innocent until proven guilty, but I think here we have corroborating evidence that it�s an AFS posting.

25 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

she �s our German Sherlock Holmes...she knows her stuff...

25 Jan 2010     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

LOL...

I just read the latest chapter of this great saga.... Nice try Cenk Candarli�. �I also personally met some teachers and artists who develop the products." Did you meet Prof. Dr. P.W. Nelson too?  I work in a university part time which has a fairly detailed database of all international tenured Professors. So I thought I would enter his name under publications and tenurships�. Guess what? He doesn�t exist�.

26 Jan 2010     

conqueror_mko
Turkey

the name of the firm  is AFS ... they mean "All For Students"... they are thieves ... moreover they are stealing from us ...

What �s the thing that �s for the students here ?

27 Jan 2010     

Hun__kan
Turkey

IT IS� ANNOUNCED�

ON 2 GREAT ENGLISH-TURKISH FORUM !

http://www.dilgilizce.com/haberler-duyurular/afs-yayincilik-hirsizlikla-suclaniyor-t3562.0.html;new

http://www.ingilizcepratik.net/afs-yayincilik-hirsizlikla-t-98853.html

27 Jan 2010     

cenkcan
Turkey

First of all, thank you for helping me to reconsider the way I �m welcomed here. At first I was disappointed by the prejudice, but later on the scenary is gradually transformed to a  "cirque de ridicule".

I �d like to answer in two parts which will address two type of audience residing in here. The first part is for the members with a common sense who either replied kindly or didn �t reply at all.

For some time I was bothered by the fact that most of my students are growing a tendency of accepting internet as a single source of information. I was trying to teach them the value of other references, methods of double or triple checking for what they see/learn/hear. So for me it �s a natural thing to call afs after reading all this stuff.

Don �t blame me for not putting a worksheet to the esl site, I don �t need to. Regardless of being a teacher myself, I �m not interested in creating worksheets or using them as a teaching aid. I heard about the issue in a few teachers � community sites and I wanted to learn the truth from its sources. One was reading the posts in esl, the other was calling afs. So I don �t need to upload worksheets for expressing my thoughts unless you are a tribe of worksheet zealots ! Banishing the ones who don �t belong to the cult ! That �s what one of the members asked from the webmaster. "Ban his account !".

Anyway now I have the information from two sides and confidently decide for my direction. But can you ?

I think it �s just easier for most of you to press the button of "yeah, let �s kill afs". It �s no surprise that mainstrem media is indeed a great force in shaping societies. What they write should be right, �cause they are the media ! This force is not inherently coming within the media, it �s granted by the unquestioning masses.

Finally let me tell you that anyone who calls them and hear what they say will exactly think the way I do.

However in the second part of my message I can �t refrain from replying to the desktop sherlocks who forced the limits of reasoning by far when dissecting my message.

But I �m still waiting for the one who is going to set the pinnacle by proving with a kabbalah method that letters of cenk in fact equals to afs. I �m sure our weekend detectives don �t lack that flair.

Oh, and by the way, your ingenious deduction also led me to think that you are all the same person, because you all use the same font !!

I think I gave you enough material above to help you running your freak show. I �m curious to read the next gems.

Like always, again I �m writing my post in a word processor and then I �m going to copy this. I think that �s what someone respecting the readers should always do. Oh, again, don �t forget the Kabbalah, that �s the doorway to my secrets !

Thanks for the fun and farewell,

Cenk Candarli

27 Jan 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Support you, Ladybird. I though had a lot of fun reading another try. I won �t be surprised if the next to come will be AFS itself with some other piece of fun for all of us. 

27 Jan 2010     

Katiana
Spain

I had promised myself not to post any more comments in the forum about the AFS case. Some of you seem to be very worried about certain comments against this publishing house. It has never been my intention to insult, judge or condemn AFS. I�m a teacher, not a lawyer or a judge. I have the right to express my feelings and have tried to do it respectfully but I don�t think a thief deserves kind words.

After reading cenkcan�s posts, I cannot help writing here again what most of you must know by now, but a few, like cenkcan seem to be too blind to see.

The facts are these:

1�-AFS opened two accounts, which is against the rules of this site. Using one of these accounts, they wrote me two pms with lame excuses, claiming that their books were only trial ones.

2�- Apart from stealing worksheets and publishing them in at least five of their books, they also stole wss from other members and uploaded them on ESL Printables.

3�-They opened a third account and appeared in the forum threatening with sending us to court.

4�-They have never apologised and have excused themselves saying that there were not any rules in ESL printables that clearly stated they couldn�t take other people�s work and publish it as their own, which is absolutely false.

5�-Not only have they not apologised, but also have been so arrogant as to state they can produce even better materials than the ones they stole. ( why did they steal our work then?)

6�-They also claim they have uploaded unique materials in ESL printables and other sites. Where are they? They have never provided any information, where are the links to those materials? As far as I am concerned a publishing house sells material, they don�t share them for free as we do in ESL Printables.

7�-They also made up a story in which they told us an English teacher was the one who had sold them the worksheets

8�-I have two of the books and no credit has been given to any of the authors of the stolen worksheets. They are making money with something we shared so generously. What would you think of anybody who stole things from a charity organisation and then sold them to earn money?

9�-They say they have withdrawn the books and have made new ones. What proof do we have of this? I have just been informed by the person who bought the books for me in a bookshop that these books are still being sold.

10�A publishing house publishes books to make money. How stupid do you think we are when you want to make us believe that now you are giving those books for free? How comes that a thief suddenly turns into such a generous person?

I believe in facts, and the facts prove what AFS is. If I believed in fairy tales, then I could think Cenkcan�s story is true. I�m not a Sherlock Holmes and I don�t need to be him to know who is lying and who is telling the truth.

Once again I want to thank you for your support.

Have a good day/night. Hugs!

Katiana

27 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >