Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

cheezels
New Zealand

QUOTE AFS: Once again we want to express our sadness for these events. We are extremely disturbed about how this event first unfolded in this forum without asking anything to us and how it�s followed up by outrageous insults.

It would be much easier to collaborate on a solution which is satisfactory for all parties if we were informed in the first place.

ME: Once again I wish to express MY sadness for these events. I have also been extremely disturbed about how this event has unfolded what with your continually changing stories to various people about what actually happened.

It would have been much easier to have collaborated on a solution which is satisfactory for all parties, if you had actually contacted and asked permission from the authors of the original worksheets that you published (for profit) from this site right from the beginning instead of passing work off as your own.

I am sure that many teachers here would have been thrilled to have been asked to contribute to a published ESL book. (Credited and paid)

But as you neglected to inform those teachers in the first place... well... your underhandedness has come to bite you in the bum as we say in English.

2 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Dear Tuna (Afs yayincilik),

All this is marketing.
You are trying to get even more profit from what you did. From your theft!
You should be ashamed!
I don �t mind whatever you are doing to compensate your "error". It is very easy to steal something and then, if we are caught, give it back. Nothing to lose!

Surely there are lots of honest publishers in your country, selling original books. They deserve the money and not you, because you sell what is not yours.

This is your last message in this website. I �m going to remove any message that you post, as "afs yayincilik" or any or your fake accounts.

Victor

2 Feb 2010     

niacouto
Portugal

Victor,

That is the best decision in what concerns this subject. Clap

2 Feb 2010     

maker1
Turkey

POOR REGIONAL SCHOOLS my foot.

That is the most well off part of Turkey and it only means one thing; THEY are pushing more of THEIR work within their area and giving themselves further opportunity to promote those books.

Why don�t they send those books to the far stretched parts of Turkey like Eastern or South Eastern Anatolia. Would it be too costly operation Or the honest thing to do? I don�t think they are capable of doing anything worthy.

NO matter what they may or may not do label has stuck. They have taken something that DO NOT belong to them and legally there is only one name for it whether they like it or not. It is THEFT and along the way many good, honest Turkish members have been shamed and hurt with that banner being stuck on top of our much loved and frequently visited site for weeks and weeks. I am sick of their act. In fact I am so sick of their act that I can only thank Victor for deciding to stop any messages that is to be sent by AFS Publishers and may be we can all say good riddance to bad rubbish finally and see none of this sort of act from anyone in any part of the world.

2 Feb 2010     

_babz
Canada

BRAVO Victor!

Clap

Get them out of here...

to AFS, your fake accounts, and to those who support you:

as teachers...we hear loads of bull**** on a daily basis from our students...especially when teaching in highschool.....we know when someone is bs-ing us!

so please, spare us the drama cause nobody is buying it!

3 Feb 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

These people have no understanding of human nature, a sincere apology, removal of the stolen pages and a token of their regret would have solved the problem and even enhanced their reputation.  Instead they have let their pride get in the way and become a thing of pity or something to be mocked on a daily basis an apology now would only be seen as more "bull****".  Most teachers on this forum wouldn �t even take their books into the bathroom.

3 Feb 2010     

bernat3306
Turkey

Hi Victor,
I �m also an English teacher here in Ankara the capital city of Turkey.My school �s name is TED ANKARA COLLEGE which is one of the best colleges in Ankara.First of all I feel so sorry for these thieves for being Turk! I will do my best to get the message across the schools in Ankara and I will send your message to all my colleagues here to warn them.I strongly support the campaign and for those thieves I don �t have anything to say but shame on them!!

4 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34