Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

ARaquelSP
Portugal

I also support this campaign. It �s not fair that someone takes advantage of our work like this. We all know how difficult it can be to make worksheets.

Best wishes,
Raquel

30 Dec 2009     

bird1
Turkey

I agree with you   ng1972.

I am very sorry that this happened in my country, too. but this doesn �t mean that these kinds of things are only happening in Turkey.

So
HOLYMARY 852, please be careful about what you are writing. I don �t know where you are from but be sure that
there are also thives in your country.

So please say sorry to all Turkish and Baghdaad teachers who aren �t thieves ( like me and others).

And just more thing there is no need to generalise it just by looking at one example.

Thanks.

30 Dec 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

I agree with Turkish colleagues. There are thieves all over the world.
It �s unfair for all these teachers from Turkey.
BEST WISHES

30 Dec 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

People should remember that whenever one does something it reflects on his/her community as a whole.  It is not fair, but it is life.  I am quite sure that HolyMary did not mean to hurt or offend anyone, but this thievery of worksheets is beginning to pall on all of us hardworking teachers. 

I would be the last one to point a finger, but I honestly think that we should look carefully at the countries where the majority of the stolen worksheets are being uploaded from.  There does seem to be a trend.

I don �t believe in generalization, and I am quite sure that there are many good teachers in Turkey, as well as Baghdad.  BTW, I have noticed that many of the worksheets I download are from Turkey.  It seems that the English studies there are quite similar to the English studies here.

Hugfrom Israel.

Judy

30 Dec 2009     

bird1
Turkey

�We read stories about �Baghdaad ka chor � which means "A thief from Baghdad" in our childhood, and now we have this "Turkey ka chor �. I don �t think thieves have conscience. May God damn them. My New Year Wishes for all my dear teachers and curses for the thieves like the one from Turkey. �

This is what Hollymary wrote. I �m really sorry that she generalized this issue. And I don �t think she didn �t mean hurt anyone. And still I haven �t received any answer from her..

And last thing I �m really sorry that this issue comes up a nation or a country issue.

30 Dec 2009     

falafel
Tunisia

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all people who wished to me a happy New Year. I wish to all people all the best.

30 Dec 2009     

eslgalaxy
China

This is what is wrong with the world. We easily brand a group of people with a stereotype just because one or a few people from there did something wrong. For God Sake it is not a Turkish problem, it is the action of an individual and we as teachers should know better not to stereotype others.
  The focus of this discussion is that a despicable individual who happens to be from Turkey stole teachers � works.

31 Dec 2009     

Alina26
Romania

I totally agree with Kisito; we shouldn �t generalise and tend to treat an entire nation with suspicion just because one individual did something bad. Perhaps this thing (stealing materials and publishing them) has happened in other countries as well, but it hasn �t been discovered or if it was, it hasn �t been reported yet.
I am against thefts of all kinds, but on the other hand, let �s not generalise it. If this had happened in Brasil/ Spain/ Romania/ China/ UK, would you have regarded all these entire nations as thieves?...
May you have a Happy New Year and let �s hope that 2010 will bring us only nice topics here on the forum Smile

31 Dec 2009     

Sara5
Kuwait

I totally agree with you Kisito.

31 Dec 2009     

victor
Spain

Well said, Kisito.

And I would like to thank all Turkish teachers because they are helping me a lot with this campaign.

31 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >