Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

Katiana
Spain

Answering yes or no to your question won �t make any difference. The fact is that we had our work stolen in two different ways. AFS is making money out of it. The users of the blogs didn �t earn anything as far as I know.
If somebody stole a handbag and then sold it in a street market to make some money, he would definitely be called a thief.
If the same person takes another handbag and keeps it for himself would you only call him a borrower? In my opinion, he is still a thief.
Anyway, Victor opened this thread in the post to discuss the AFS case. If you want to go on discussing this old issue, I advise you to open a new thread.
Best regards

16 Jan 2010     

ATHINA77
Spain

OK friends. No matter how many reflections/explanations/examples I give, I will never get you to agree with me or the other way round (it is not my intention either).  Like Katiana says, this thread is about the campaign against this editor. From me, there is no much more to say, and I don �t think I will make any replies to the post. Don �t get me wrong, I am not offended or anything, but I do not want to keep on diverting the thread, so it is pointless to continue with this discussion as it could become a neverending story. You will all say that these people are heretics that should be burnt, and I will continue saying that there are much worse and more unethical uses that people can make of our worksheets. The topic of this thread is the proof.

Cheers!

16 Jan 2010     

AFS YAYINCILIK
Turkey

Dear ESL members;

Here we are again. Ones who are new to the subject can read our earlier posts dated as 28/12/09 and 10/1/10

The ESL tests that leaked into books of our Learn English series are completely removed and dramatically improved �Learn English 8� has already been sent to teachers who directly got in touch with us. They should receive their books in a day or two. Learn English 7 and our other product samples will be sent starting from next week.

We kindly ask to all who will receive our books to carefully study the back covers. These book covers which were not previously used for educational purposes are now converted to an efficient and easy to use learning tool. This innovation also has many economical advantages such as using less paper. The information contained in the embedded wheel would consume much more pages if it was used inside the book conventionally.

With the aid of this new technique, students can concentrate more and have fun while learning irregular verbs and tenses in our Learn English 8 book covers, and comparatives in our Learn English 7 book covers. This technique is also employed in our other book covers for drawing the students� attention to important topics and key subjects.

It should be noted that this innovative technique is used only by AFS in Turkey thanks to the patents granted by the related authorities. This is one of the reasons why many of our competitors are using every imaginable cause to start any clandestine or overt campaigns.

AFS Yayıncılık does not need to download and sneak these worksheets into its books with an act of thievery. These worksheets were downloaded by our memberships which were registered with our true names. And we were mistaken by the aforementioned reasons in our previous posts.

Like we did today, we would solve this issue at the moment we are informed. But we realized this issue only after these insults started. And after that we asked for the contact information of Katiana and ESL webmaster for discussing the possible solution alternatives. But unfortunately none of them replied back.

We have started to ship the new books to our distributors. We wish to deliver the old books to the schools in poorer regions of Turkey free of charge. We do this every time when we have excess inventory.

We will appreciate if Viktor�s trusted informers in Turkey can also let us know of the alleged sellers who still have the old books. We are also open to suggestions of our Turkish colleagues for choosing the poor schools to send the old books.

We�ll be here again to share the news.

Best regards,

AFS YAYINCILIK

17 Jan 2010     

Zdenda
Czech Republic

If they do as they promise, shouldn�t they be forgiven and this campaign stopped?

17 Jan 2010     

FroggyClaudine
France

Asolutely nothing you can say or write can make me change my mind about what you did to some members of this community.
You keep coming back again and again with more lies. You stole someone else �s work, did it on purpose, accused everyone on this site of lies, why don �t you just leave us alone !

17 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Every time I read another lies from these so called "publishers" I feel more and more sick. Will you ever stop lying? Don �t you think we have some kind and honest members from Turkey here who know how things really are? Well, here are such members!!! These honest people keep apologizing for what YOU have done, they keep ashamed for YOU, just because they come from the same country!!!! Stop lying. As far as we know you haven �t contacted no-one from betrayed members and now you just come here with another lot full of lies. Shame on you, AFS!Angry

17 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

@ ATHINA77: I just read your posts, if you don �t support this campaign, then you should just say so, rather than go on and on..otherwise you sound like an idiot (I did say �sound �)

@ Zdenda: to forgive someone, first..they would have to admit they did something wrong..and AFS has NOT done that...in fact, they �ve made it seem that they were the victims....so should this campaign stop? NO, it should get even more intense if you ask me..

@ AFS: STOP THE BULL...and stop using this site to promote your pathetic excuse for a student book.....no one in here is interested.

by the way: you keep on talking about foreign competition....I think you should follow your competition �s code of ethics...cause I really doubt if any of these big companies would follow your deceitful path..

I hope that Turkish teachers will continue their pledge and boycott your products..

17 Jan 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Everytime AFS posts something on here and everytime I take time to read their long messages, it just sounds like empty bla bla bla...and I regret wasting my time on reading pointelss messages. It just doesn �t make any sense...Words, words words....and WHAT? Actions speak louder than words. 
It �s great to see that the campaign against the theft has spread, I have already seen the banner on some ESL related blogs and websites. I am sure that a lot of people are aware of this situation. And probably AFS can see the consequenses of it...reputation is hard to gain and so easy to lose...

I support the campaign and I support Katiana and some other members of the site whose work was stolen.

Have a good day, dear colleagues.

17 Jan 2010     

scrat
Switzerland

I just ask myself: Is this forum (ab)used as advertising rostrum by AFS? 

17 Jan 2010     

eng789
Israel

I agree with scrat - AFS should do the right thing and get off our forum.

Have a great week, everyone.

18 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >