Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

venezababi
Brazil

Victor, I inserted the banner on my blog!
http://diariodaprofessora.blogspot.com/

thanks!

29 Dec 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Wow,

I just came back to Eslprintables after a few months back in my home country. I can �t believe this has happened. I do have a couple of questions though. Is this a big company with a large distribution? It seems to me that if they have went to the trouble of inventing fake authors and copying copious amounts of worksheets they must be fairly small scale and amateurish.

With regards to taking legal action. How possible is this course? Obviously the costs just to bring it to court will be astronomical and in a case that would span several countries, this does not seem to be a viable option for either party.

I would email clipart.com because they are using these images without license perhaps a strongly worded email from them will add to the pressure.

C

29 Dec 2009     

fsams
Maldives

To AFS Yayincilik,

Look dear, you don �t damn contribute any of your stuff here and you are stealing our stuff without our permission. That �s not only illegal, but rude too.!!! Shame on you and your so-called company...if you can �t create your own stuff...then seal the company!!!

To all my colleagues and Victor,

I strongly support this campaign and I believe that AFS must be punished!!!

29 Dec 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree with Libertybell 100% - they should be getting paid for their work and getting the credit they deserve.

As far as I can see that is the only way to resolve the situation.

29 Dec 2009     

victor
Spain

Dear Tuna (AFS Yayincilik):

Thank you very much for your message. You �ve recognized that you took the worksheets from this website.

In the following page (The internet archive) you can see the terms of use of this website in 2006, 2007 and 2008 (you registered and accepted those terms in 2007):

Pay attention to this:

The printables included in this website are property of their authors.

The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.

These sentences have been in the terms of use since the creation of this website.

So, now the case is clear as water:

- You recognize that you took worksheets from this website to publish your books.
- I can demonstrate that the terms of use that you subscribed didn �t allow you to do it.

There �s nothing else to say. It is ridiculous that you try to excuse your inexcusable behaviour. You say that we should have asked you for explanations before starting this campaign. Well, we did, and we only got lies: You said that is was just a trial book, that only a few pages were copied, that you were changing the copied pages... All lies!! The book is still being sold! Some of our colleagues in Turkey have just bought it to send it to us!

Anyway, I don �t want a compensation. I only want that teachers stop buying your products, because such a dishonest person should not be selling educational books.

29 Dec 2009     

victor
Spain

BTW,

I won �t tolerate your accusation saying that we have attempted to hack your website.

Last weekend someone tried to hack eslprintables, trying to collapse the web server.
I didn �t mention it in the forum because I didn �t want anybody to be suspected without proof.

You steal teachers � work, you make accusations without  proof... What next?

29 Dec 2009     

eslgalaxy
China

I stand with people on this forum against people who steal and publish peoples � works. It can be a back-breaking task, creating worksheets.
      It hurts to see someone making a profit out of your sweat with nothing for you.
It is inappropriate to use peoples � work without their consent. As far as I know, there is no website where you just collect worksheets for the publication of your book even if it is not mentioned in the copyright terms of the site.

29 Dec 2009     

mitsu
Portugal

Victor i don �t have a blog or facebook but i completly suport your compaign and i have sent the message to my colleagues

it �s a small gesture but i hope it helps because some of them have blogs.

29 Dec 2009     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Come on Mr Tuna from AFS YAYINCILIK, 

you know what you did... STOLE!!! 

Why don �t you simply apologise, pay Katiana and the others  the money you made with their work, get their worksheets out of your great books and put the great ones you can create like these ones below:

By TUNAFS:

or these ones by TUNA:

Why did you need two accounts? Ah, to steal better...

"As we have already communicated with Katiana we are sorry for the confusion and sorrow occured by the publication of our latest trial book "Learn English".We already started to change the mentioned pages as we are highly qualified and experienced to make even better ones which we will be sharing with you all here soon."

As we can see from your worksheets above, for sure you are highly qualified... heheheh, but not in making better worksheets, but in stealing the best worksheets from here...

Hope you can pay for everything you did...

29 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Katiana and the rest whose work was stolen - I stand by every word you said.

AFS - excuse me, but what you �re saying sounds childish and illogical.

A friend of mine from Turkey told me that he studied English using AFS books and that it is in practice with this company to take other creators � work.

This website was made for ESL teachers to share their work. Are you an ESL teacher? Since you are not a teacher, but a a middle man between the creator and the customer, your place should have never been on this website. It doesn �t matter in the least that you have uploaded worksheets on this site, be it useful and genuine and all, the fact that you have given us worksheets doesn �t allow you to publicly sell an educational resource without the creator �s knowing it and charge anything from anyone for the worksheets that you �ve taken.

It �s simple. There is NO money involved. Share means give and take, not take and sell:

3share
2 a : to partake of, use, experience, occupy, or enjoy with others 
3 : to grant or give a share in (Webster.com)

You personally are making money out of hours of teachers � hard work. These teachers spend selflessly considerable time on creating their worksheets, some of them are new to computers, yet they brave it all in order to not be out of date with their students. Some buy licenses in order to enhance their worksheets, some buy additional computer programmes to enable them to create productively. While they are at work, the computer consumes electricity, and phone calls are also occasionally made. Get it?

Even though the teachers are actually working while creating these worksheets, majority of them are not paid for this work, as they are only paid for the hours they spend at the school premises.

Indeed, worksheets are here to download freely, indeed they are here to print out freely and to distribute to students - freely. Yet they are not here to sell freely.

The moment you decided to involve money in this you crossed the line. Your open letters sound ridiculous.

I hope the world will learn what you are: unprofessional greedy opportunists.

25 years in business? I �m surprised...

29 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >