Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

mmargalef
Spain

I �m with you and I also will let my colleagues know about it!

2 Jan 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

Of course I strongly support this campaign, what these people did is outrageous and their "forgive us" message sounded more like "we did nothing wrong".  Shame on them!
Carina

2 Jan 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I guess it all boils down to money. This AFS Yayincilik saw an opportunity to make a lot of money for very little work! This type of stealing has been going on for centuries in probably every country in the world. Please no pointing of fingers at anyone or any country.

The one thing that worries me is that it could collapse this amazing site we have.  Some of our very talented contributors may get angry and stop sharing.

As the site grows there are more and more people and so more opportunity for �ratbags" to use our work fraudulently. We can only be vigilant and report anything that concerns us.

However let �s not forget why we joined in the first place.

We must keep on contributing regardless.

Thank you to everyone who is spreading the word that profiteering is not acceptable.
Let �s prove that people power does work!

Just my tuppence worth from "the country founded by thieves!" Ha! Ha! (only joking so don �t take offence)

2 Jan 2010     

jdrc
Spain

IF ALL THE MEMBERS IN THIS SITE WRITE AN EMAIL TO THE PUBLISHER WITH THE SAME MESSAGE, WE MIGHT GET A POSITIVE RESPONSE! We are 287266 registered users!!!!!!!!!! IMAGINE.

KATIA YOU CAN COUNT ON YOUR SPANISH FRIEND FROM ASTURIAS, SPAIN. IF WE MAKE A LOT OF NOISE SOMETHING CAN BE CHANGED.

IT SHOULD BE POLITE BUT STRAIGHT TO THE POINT, I WOULD BE VERY ASHAMED IF I WAS COLAPSED WITH SO MANY EMAILS.
WHAT HAVE WE GOT TO LOSE!

<�      THIS IS A CLIPART FROM THEIR PAGE. EVEN THEIR MASCOT SAYS STOLEN
                               (IN SPANISH ROBO MEANS STEAL) 

http://afsyayincilik.com/Contactus.html

HAPPY NEW Y
EAR TO ALL.

3 Jan 2010     

_babz
Canada

LOL @ ROBO

3 Jan 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Robo?? Is it the name of their mascot??That explains many things ...

3 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

hahahahaha LOL

3 Jan 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi, I would like to know if anything is moving in this case. I can �t believe a publisher can get away with something like this. Any copyright court would put a stop to it it seems to me.
I have no blog nor website and their books are not for sale here so there isn �t much I can do. I am curious if any progress has been made. does anyone have some news?

3 Jan 2010     

petranka
Lithuania

In some countries, Turkey, among them, (not a member of the EU) laws guarding intellectual property don �t work. It unties dishonest and greedy people �s hands to fake and plagiarize. It �s double shame that it is done by people linked with education. Their explanations and excuses are lame. We can �t sue them, only Turkish authorities can but they won �t do it for aforementioned reasons. All we can do is condemn and despise them and Turkish teachers can boycott their products. I also have no my own website but I join ESL campaign against thieves.

3 Jan 2010     

aleafff
France

Please,please,please!!! that is enough .Here is not the place to judge countries and their  laws guarding intellectual property .i have diffıculty in understanding  the view of generalizing Turkish people and critizing our country as it is not a member of the EU.How can people judge countries and nations  according to their political views here easily?We are teachers and this website is for only teachers usage areas.Nor we and our country deserve this cruelty.This is too much!!!

3 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >