Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Campaign against AFS Yayincilik    

Campaign against AFS Yayincilik

Homeless Turtle
United States

I fully support this campaign. It is a shame that certain individuals feel a need take advantage of the work being done on this site. It is a sad day indeed when the pursuit of knowledge is tainted by the pursuit of profit.

18 Jan 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Could we please return to being a bit more civilized? Remember that what you say about others - and how you say it - often says more about you than the one(s) you �re targeting. It seems to me that way too much energy is being channeled into hate and revenge rather than creative worksheets. Isn �t it time to turn the page? It �s 2010 after all.

19 Jan 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Maybe we should cut off their hands, and while we�re at it some other body parts as well?

After all, they took part in The Great Worksheet Robbery. Pig

19 Jan 2010     

Siemes_
Brazil

This campaign must go on and continuing strong than everThumbs Up, today I have entered in contact with some companies (web sites like http://www.alibaba.com) and they like to help THIEVES like ASF publishing their advertisements in their web site, they won�t BAN the thieves because they have not enough proves yet against this company, so I will continue SPREADING the word and HELPING publishing a BLACK list of all BAD COMPANIES that are helping AFS to continue stealing our work from this web site.

I am with you Victor and all the teachers who are involved in this plagiarism and bad acts from pirates/robberies online. I still strongly believe that just with a
massive campaign like this one we will free the internet from the bad guys, well at least some of them will suffer all the consequences of their bad behavior and evil acts and this is good don�t you think?

I also have visited google search putting
AFS Yayincilik and I am impressed seeing lots of people against this company and spreading the honesty around the internet. It is good, at least the word HONESTY and good values are being spreading and this count a lot.

Peace, Union and Hard work to protect all of us here in this web site are necessary so let�s continuing this campaign now and then!

19 Jan 2010     

yolprica
Spain

I totally agree with ladybird. Some people are going too far. I think we all have said enough and our positions are clear but we can �t keep on behaving like that.
Yoland 

19 Jan 2010     

alkwassir
Yemen

I DO totally agree withLadybird. I was one of the first people to anounce rejection against  AFS wrong deed. But each crime should take just a punishment it deserves. However, I see some of us are getting so far injustice. I think we should be just greater than this.

Love & Blessings

19 Jan 2010     

maoopa
China

Ladybird, as usual, you are bringing some wise advise to this website.

20 Jan 2010     

cenkcan
Turkey

Dear members; 

I heard about the afs company in a Turkish teachers � forum and became a member here to read what it�s about. After reading all the posts here, I dared to call them by phone and I was invited to their office. I also live in Istanbul so it took me an hour to go there. 

Actually my idea about them has changed. I saw the books that are recalled from the sellers and they were packing them for free of charge sending to schools in need. 

They also showed me other afs products. I was surprised by the quality and the feel of them. I also personally met some teachers and artists who develop the products. Today I rest assured that this company has what �s necessary to produce unique products and it was really an accident that these worksheets are used in a few books. Frankly it�s really difficult for me to understand why they would need to �steal�. 

Being an eye witness I�m personally convinced that this campaign has reached its goals, and I believe it will only be out of malevolence to sustain this campaign after what �s achieved. 

Best regards, 

Cenk Candarli 

24 Jan 2010     

faya
Turkey

Hi,

It was very nice of you to go and actually confront them, however, even though it �s for a good cause, their act was illegal and unethical. They published their books without permission and authorisation from this website and all the teachers. In other words they committed a crime, which is a form of stealing. We teachers use and share the worksheets, we do not publish it on hard back.

All teachers travel all around the world to help students in need. This is one of the reasons why we are passionate about teaching. 

ESL Printables probably would have loved to negotiate with these publishers and agree to some worksheets, but the way in which these publishers handled this situation was and is unacceptable and I am very surprised how you can be convinced just like that.

As a so called mature entity, they should own up to their mistake and apologise. This is what we call �Best practice �.

Regards,

Faya

24 Jan 2010     

Lana.
Ireland

Cenk,

I �m sure your account appeared only this week,
perhaps this morning,
you work for AFS, it �s plain to see,

AFS - don �t send any more Cenks here, we are not blind.

24 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29    30    31    32    33    34    Next >